Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Quake 1 Reboot\Sequel from id possible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then... after all
    there is only a thing that i want to hear in a new Quake Reboot

" IA ! IA ! Shubb Niggurath!!! "
    " Ka'tulu Ftaghn!!! "

so, then i'll have an orgasm
    Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      What,only TEXT???
      YOU'VE PROVEN TOO TOUGH FOR HELL TO
      CONTAIN, AND NOW HELL AT LAST PLAYS
      FAIR -- FOR YOU EMERGE FROM THE DOOR
      TO SEE THE GREEN FIELDS OF EARTH!
      HOME AT LAST.
      Modding like it's 1999! HELL YEAH!
      Operating Engine: Engoo
      QuakeC Compiler: vqcc.exe

Comment

...you wonder whats been happening on earth while you were battling evil-unleashed.
        Its good that no hell-spawn could have come through that door with you...

poor old daisy...

Comment

You get sent to Mars where they experiment on teleportation and accidentally open a gateway to hell, you have to battle your way through Mars, Deimos and Hell and Hell plays fair and lets you return to Earth.

People are experimenting with teleportation where they accidentally open a gateway to another planet, Shub-Niggurath aliens come through and invade the Earth, you are scouting the neighborhood while this happens. You have to battle your way through 4 dimensions and eventually kill Shub-Niggurath.

Notice what a rip-off Quake is to Doom?

Comment

Pfft- I think the first decent ending id have ever done was in DOOM 3.
            After sorta-defeating the boss and closing the gate to hell (well, the cube does both)* you get rescued, and the rescue team fills in what you would be wondering (who won, died, and the villain turns into a dragon- which is awesome).

*On another note, what I hope id avoids this time are boss 'fights' where the 'boss' isn't so much an enemy you fight with, as much as a sequence puzzle that might occasionally shoot something your way (Icon of Sin, Chthon, D3 Cyberdemon).
            Although I thought Chthon's puzzle was actually pretty clever, this time I'd lean towards more interaction (direct fighting).
            The Doom 3 cyberdemon was pretty lame; nothing more than a respawning imp battle (and I just couldn't get around the idea of that goofy soulcube being able to beat it up but my guns couldn't);

At the same time, I could probably still accept a Chthon electrocution device (why it's there I'm not sure), and the Halflife Tentacle rocket and Garg electrocution (as both situations give a clear implication that these beasts are too massive for a puny human with a few anti-tank weapons to take on and I really need to run away from it);
            That is, so long as the sequence is well done and I could believe I need to resort to more drastic measures to destroy it.

Even then though, I'd still rather fight it.
            Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
            Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
            X