Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake reborn

Hi,

I would like simply with this message thanks all people who made this possible. I have played all the night the Darplace mod added to it with full of stuff, the best tweaks and shaders on my up to day system. This is incredible all the work that was made to make Quake as best as never. My i7 and my eVga 480 have appreciated it with grateful !

Quake was my first bought pc game. I remember it again with my Pentium MMX 330 Mhz, its 32 Mo of RAM DDo and its 3Go HD ! And of course my first GFX card, the 3DFX Voodoo One, the only one, coupled with a Matrox Millenium II ! (I have always the both...and the complete system in fact) !

You couldn't imagine how much I played it day after day, weeks after weeks. ID Software team are my heroes. So, it is really with some emotions and many memories that I have played QUAKE 1 this night...

I would like to thanks you all, forumers, modders, gamers, to make this game always alive. Thanks to IDsoftware, of course but especially to QuakeOne.com, QRef/U, QRP, Tenebrae and Industri team and all others who have been and are implicated to this awesome work !.

Schuss !
    Last edited by Jochem Hraback; 07-04-2011, 11:48 PM.

seconded and...

you're most welcome

Comment

Best game ever..
      200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
      14/05/1811

Comment

Quake has more years ahead of it. It's the fans who keep the games alive. Without the fans games like DooM, Hexen, Quake 1-3, Duke 3D would of all died years ago

Comment

Gamers rulez, yeah ! Gonna to test some little things like fog, rain, and snow to update my Quake. Can't believe it could be ! I'll report you how it works when I'll go home

Edit: By the hell, it rocks !! Thanks Seven
          Last edited by Jochem Hraback; 07-04-2011, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Heretic/Hexen died out years ago, the only thing that came since Heretic II is Hexen: Edge of Chaos, but that's just a Doom 3 modification.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
              Heretic/Hexen died out years ago, the only thing that came since Heretic II is Hexen: Edge of Chaos, but that's just a Doom 3 modification.

I have always hexen and heretic installed in my system. I'm playing it sometimes to time.This games are perfectly emulated with the Doomsday Engine like Doom and Doom 2. Of course the games are completely different and really better with high texturing and modelling aspects. I'm playing always old games with Dosbox emulator like Daggerfall, Blood, System Shock II, Skynet. These games amazed me and are always my prefered.

In fact, all my games are heavily modificated; Doom3, Oblivion, Fallout, Stalker, etc...

I share you a link I have found some days ago. It relates the history of fps since...1974 !

YouTube - ‪Balgorg's Channel‬‏

S!
              Last edited by Jochem Hraback; 07-05-2011, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X