Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is best and worst about Quake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quake itself is perfectly flawed.

Force to choose one aspect, the worst thing about it 15 years later has to be what it has done to some people.

I'm talking about those few sad and cynical remnants from the early days of online play who still hang around these very forums even though they don't play online very much anymore, if at all. They gather around with their blue-balled half-chalupas for the past and lob a nade here or there just to whine about those of us who still enjoy playing the most popular mods online on the most active servers in 2011.

Good game to you, sirs.

Comment

Yeah. Shame be to those pitiful fools who long for the good ol' days, the dying breed that they are...

Comment

Here's a thought.

When you've posted almost a thousand messages to an online Quake forum, maybe it's time to start playing more online Quake instead of posting messages about it.

I know right now it probably seems like more fun for you to just sit in your room in that slick Lord Voldemort outfit and throw the negativity around, but stop that for a while and come out and play the game that this site is actually about.

If you really don't like it, maybe it's time to move on.

Really.

Comment

My computer with Quake on it isn't set up. Otherwise, I'd love to. Before I moved, however, I did play. Often. Just because you never saw me in a CRmod game doesn't mean I didn't play.

Comment

I guess that computer with Quake that isn't setup will be setup to play some CTF soon.

Sweet.

That is good to know.

Comment

I hope so.

Comment

Whats better to know, is that Muller has his finger on the pulse of Q1.

That's definately showing too.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I sorta do, don't I?

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
                    The fear factor that Quake put out was unlike anything I'd seen in a game at the time. Growling, angry-ass creatures that want to rip you apart with chainsaws and whatnot, zombies rising out of the ground, dark hallways with mutating flying snakes that like to ambush you, crap like that. For a 12 year old, that was pretty intense. The online aspect of Quake at the time was amazing. Thousands of different servers, nearly all of them full of people. People you've never met before and likely will never meet again! It was chaos. It was wonderful.

The worst thing about Quake...is that those days are over.
                    You appear to share my sentiment. It was fantastic, was it not?

Comment

Playing hide and kill on random servers was fun. Can't seem to do that on ffa servers anymore.

Comment

The best part about Quake for me was Quake before I knew all the levels. Roaming around and finding new things. It was so awesomely creepy. I would actually get EXCITED to turn the next corner, because I wasn't sure what was there. I never really played single player, I just shot right into Multiplayer to learn the maps.
                        uakene.com

Comment

Working...
                        X