No announcement yet.

Respected community member leaving us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respected community member leaving us!

Shit son....

I was helping a friend of mine get Quake setup for use with a controller , and I found in the forums where Polarite had commented about how he had been using a Joypad w/ Quake for over 15 years, and I immediately noticed he was online,so I pirvate messaged him so that I might tap his extensive experience with setting up a controller for Quake, and I was supplied with awesome information,but also was informed of his intent to put quakeone.com in his rear view mirror.

SHIT? Normally I wouldn't post any Private Messages, but WTF THIS ISN'T COOL.

Originally posted by Polarite
    Your lucky u just caught me now , this will be my last message on quakeone.

I simply connect my sidewinter to the joyport (midi or usb).
    My commands in quake are joy1 joy2 joy3 joy4 aux5 aux6 till 10 ( 10button gamepad).

So bind "aux5" +jump for example.. and so on.
    Start command I used :

glpro452.exe -noipx -nocdaudio -dinput -joystick -heapsize 131072 -game proquake

If the gamepad doesnt work in quake u can also use the programme Joy2key search google.

Then U can bind for example any key from keyboard to your gamepad.

Okey I hope this will help you.

Greetz,
    Francis.

I hope this departure from quakeone.com is on good terms.... loooooong before I actually played with Polarite,I had already heard of him, and every bit of the things I heard couldn't even come close to accurately describing this player's awesome fun natured type enviroment he brings to this game. Definately one of the players I have extreme admiration for

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ODNxy3YOPU]‪Sepultura - Refuse/Resist‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Refuse/Resist :F You're going to be missed around these parts, hope you drop in and check up on us from time to time.....

Your Broseph and Fan,
    Mindzy
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-31-2011, 12:42 PM. Reason: OOF....LONG POST. SHITTY SUBJECT
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

you'll be back son......they always come back.

Comment

We all know that one to many 5-0's got dished out to you at RAGE, and I caused you to rage-delete jk
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Wow
        I am quite bummed over this,I have been playing with this giant since like 1998.
        I have not been on The EU server for a few weeks since I got back to work and have neglected him I know. Pol and Peg are IMO the classiest players left in the game.
        I will miss you.

CROW-Bluntz
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
          Wow
          I am quite bummed over this,I have been playing with this giant since like 1998.
          I have not been on The EU server for a few weeks since I got back to work and have neglected him I know. Pol and Peg are IMO the classiest players left in the game.
          I will miss you.

CROW-Bluntz
          He whopped me pretty bad dm 1v1 a couple years back even with a ping disadvantage, excellent player and outstanding personality, Polarite will be missed!
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Aww... that's a bummer.

Comment

Well blunty my friend, fortunately we still have Peg, Sir Henry and Jer who play there so for the most part it's still often a nice place to play.

Let's hope Pol was only referring to his attendance at Quakeone.com rather than playing online, as he is a respectful player of truly immense talent with an exemplary attitude which many would do well to follow.

You never know, as Smokey said.. he may be back at some point, but it would be interesting to hear his thoughts on why he left. I'll try and find out

Kind regards

Monty
              Mr.Burns
              "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
              WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
              Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
                Well blunty my friend, fortunately we still have Peg, Sir Henry and Jer who play there so for the most part it's still often a nice place to play.

Let's hope Pol was only referring to his attendance at Quakeone.com rather than playing online, as he is a respectful player of truly immense talent with an exemplary attitude which many would do well to follow.

You never know, as Smokey said.. he may be back at some point, but it would be interesting to hear his thoughts on why he left. I'll try and find out

Kind regards

Monty

Grafh was here talking smack and flexing his rage-quit muscles , haha. Smokey was refering to him, but yes, point is still valid, hopefully it isn't the last we've heard from Pol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                  Shit son....

I was helping a friend of mine get Quake setup for use with a controller , and I found in the forums where Polarite had commented about how he had been using a Joypad w/ Quake for over 15 years, and I immediately noticed he was online,so I pirvate messaged him so that I might tap his extensive experience with setting up a controller for Quake, and I was supplied with awesome information,but also was informed of his intent to put quakeone.com in his rear view mirror.

SHIT? Normally I wouldn't post any Private Messages, but WTF THIS ISN'T COOL.

I hope this departure from quakeone.com is on good terms.... loooooong before I actually played with Polarite,I had already heard of him, and every bit of the things I heard couldn't even come close to accurately describing this player's awesome fun natured type enviroment he brings to this game. Definately one of the players I have extreme admiration for

Hey guys I'm not leaving yet , but its nice to see you guys care!
                  Small mistake of me , I meant in that message last post before I leave to Spain
                  I will come home this Friday and will announce ffa8 for this month

Send from Iphone.
                  My servers for the gamers:
                  bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                  port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                  Offline ATM
                  fvf.servequake.com
                  flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                  Offline ATM
                  newdm.servequake.com
                  port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                  sigpic

Comment

Hehe, I figured something like that

Have fun in Spain! (oh and kick dobermans arse while you are at it )

Comment

Wheeeew!

I thought You had enough of some of the human excrement around here and decided on targeting greener pastures somewhere else!
                      I had been on a vendetta "take out the trash" campaign ever since hearing the news.
                      Glad to see it was just a vacation of another sort.

Your friend in Florida,
                      Crow-Bluntz
                      WARNING
                      May be too intense for some viewers.
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                      ---------------------------
                      .--------------------------

Comment

Like I promised :

FFA8 coming up.
                        My servers for the gamers:
                        bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                        port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                        Offline ATM
                        fvf.servequake.com
                        flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                        Offline ATM
                        newdm.servequake.com
                        port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X