Put cheatfree on dm.quaketx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put cheatfree on dm.quaketx

and put this fucking cheater issue to rest already. I'm totally sick of the distrust and accusations that all seem to stem from dmtx not having cheatfree installed. Listen, install cheatfree on dm tx like every other quake server has, such as crmod. Then we wouldn't have all of this distrust and bs going around. We have most definitely watched Kimp wall on DMTX. 3-4 people sitting in observer talking in mm2 and commenting on how obvious it was. It's absolutely shitty and stupid that the one DM server everyone plays on is a cheater's free-for-all and doesn't employ the very most basic anti cheat techniques that would block clients from 1998. I would rather not have the server exist than have it cheat enabled, because then people would play elsewhere and not be forced to deal with cheat clients from 1998. And if you want to go about it from the argument of "well no one cheats" that is absolute BS, people cheat: it is a fact of life. The least you can do is block the 95% of it, which is what the people who coded anticheat did.

Know what the little A means? Anti-cheat. Look here, DMTX is the ONLY real server that does not deploy anti-cheat. There is absolutely no excuse for this and to me just hints that the server admin is pro-cheating. I'm sure the usual garbage stream of excuses is going to flow like a volcano after this post, but I felt this needed to be said.

This is a very old community. Many of us have ages old cheat clients still in our backups and on our PCs. If you don't realize that this server feeds the temptation and encourages it then I don't know what to say.

A means anti-wall hack, not anti-cheat.

I like it without anti-wall hack. It allows you to see pent/quad glows as they come around the corner.

The future fix is a new flag that allows pent/quad glows to be seen when their just around the corner vs across the map.

Comment

that fact that you can see pent/quad glow through corners is a cheat in and of itself
      Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

I'm all for anti-walls and anti cheat.

The quad glow is cool bit it's too easy to rape TV as he comes up stairs.

Comment

Yes, Baker said he would include that in the next proquake server release - allow quad/pent glow but only for the player who has quad/pent, all other entities will not be visible (even by wallhackers).

For the record, I'm not pro-cheat. I've been playing this game since '96 and have yet to have anyone ever send me a cheat. All the stuff that I constantly hear about, aimbots, wallhacks, timers, pak2, whatever - this kind of stuff has never come my way. I tend to find that the only players who are actually concerned with others cheating are the ones who actually have them. I play frequently on my own server and have yet to detect anything beyond the occasional super luck shot - by any player.

You say 3-4 players were observing kimp actively cheat? Will you all please come forward and give a screenshot (of people talking about it) or a demo? I've asked this of the community before. Why is it that none of you deliver? Please come forward with this info. In fact, because of the ridiculous posts by Mindzx in the past couple weeks, Rcade and myself both eyecammed kimp several games just last night. Rcade even has a demo. No detectable cheating. Some might say, well that's because the admin was present on the server - though I've gotten the same reports when I'm not around.

I think what Omicron is speaking on is the security file - which isn't installed because it only allows proquake clients to connect - which means that people who use qrack (and there are many) would not be able to connect. Setting the anti-wallhack variable will only prevent 1 cheat, not all.

Comment

that fact that you can see pent/quad glow through corners is a cheat in and of itself
            Nah, this was a classic feature.

Comment

Does a robber continue with a robbery plan,even though their is a policeman currently waiting in line to pay for his coffee and donuts? No, he doesn't.

Tremor, when you had to be gone for a wedding, and you made it publicly known you wouldn't be around, you said it yourself, you recieved complaint's.

Your asking for proof about kimp cheating is just plain nonsense.
              Why would he act up ,period, when the admin is looking?
              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-02-2011, 12:59 PM.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

It's not about Kimp. Kimp isn't the only one with a cheat client. I have them. Every single person who plays has them. This is an old game with a lot of old cheats for it. All of the non-aimbot ones are blocked by the anti-wallhack security file. Just get ProQuake, it's simple.

Comment

Originally posted by omicron View Post
                  It's not about Kimp. Kimp isn't the only one with a cheat client. I have them. Every single person who plays has them. This is an old game with a lot of old cheats for it. All of the non-aimbot ones are blocked by the anti-wallhack security file. Just get ProQuake, it's simple.

Thats if the server is running CheatFree security.dll , I wouldn't know because I've had a need for downloading it for so long, but its unlikely. I am unsure if the security.dll CF for ProQuake will allow other clients besides ProQuake to connect,like Qrack and newer versions than ProQuake 3.50
                  Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-02-2011, 02:44 PM.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

inb4 emocron starts cheating because the server isn't anti-cheat
                    e|------------------------0---------------
                    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                    A|---------------0------------------------
                    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce2 View Post
                      I'm all for anti-walls and anti cheat.

The quad glow is cool bit it's too easy to rape TV as he comes up stairs.
                      haha im gonna start coming from rotunda
                      Originally posted by Magnus
                      Apology accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by omicron View Post
                        Every single person who plays has them.
                        Please...don't lump me in with you.

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to let anyone know that I gave you hax Death Knight! oops!

Where's that Quad Quake radio? OOF. I gave you great juicy news, and still no news. Whats a guy gotta do to get some TOADIES:I come from the water on the news cast!

Sheesssssh, you definately would do nothing DK,if you was admin! haha

Just fn with you.

Comment

Ya know what Mindz?!

...lost my train of thought.

Comment

That happens to me too, I usually blame it on the endo!

Comment

Working...
                              X