I'm new here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deluxeBGN View Post
    Thanks for all the tips and what not guys! Although in my original post I should have mentioned that I've played Quake 3 for a couple years, so I know SOME tactics but again, thanks, some of the tips were pretty helpful

well u coming from q3 some of the maps from q3,and q2 are voteable on q1 servers but they have a different feel and look to them, but it is cool stuff. just no rail gun only problem... unless you vote instagib on a cax server the lg becomes your rail gun. you should check out rage.quakeone.com, or bomber.quakeone.com,or speaknow.quakeone.com and if you you ping well or are from the uk try the euro server bigfoot.quake1.net,this is a ffa server... or its American rune+hook equal quake.shmack.net minus the the custom maps bigfoot uses. there is a variety of standard servers and modded quake servers listed on the right side of the screen. Some require a few dl's to make everything available to you. but it is easy instructions. and all of them are fun to play on

Comment

Originally posted by deluxeBGN View Post
      Thanks for all the tips and what not guys! Although in my original post I should have mentioned that I've played Quake 3 for a couple years, so I know SOME tactics but again, thanks, some of the tips were pretty helpful

Alright then. Lets see here....shotguns are pretty much the same. Nailguns are kinda like the Plasma Gun, except no splash damage. Similar strength, though. The Thunderbolt is a little different, in that the beam follows your aim exactly, rather than the slight drag delay it has in Quake 3. Rockets and grenades use the same ammo and...um...well thats it. Oh, the axe is normally weak as hell unlike the gauntlet. In CA, however, its pretty beefy.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjamonkeyz View Post
        oh another tip is learn each standard level so it is easier to navigate through them, I would practice that after playing online each night. Or if a server is empty run through the level and find where all the power-ups/armour/health/megahealth/weapons/ammo are located on the map.
        and after you've done that, try to navigate around levels backwards without popping into nooks and crannies u can get shot in, running backwards helps alot !
        WELCOME TO QUAKE 1
        SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
        THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
        sigpic

Comment

Simplistic help is.

Shoot when you know you have a shot.

Predict your shots (important).

Once you learn the gameplay, u will realize rockets have more splash at some servers than others, once you learn to pre-predict movements you can take advantage of this and get alot of "fluke!" bs spat at you.

Shaft on the other hand relies, on you (shaft = lightining gun obv).

Make sure you have ur prediction down and the "range" that it can reach down, and then keep on ur target while using it... it's best for open areas.

Rocket launcher is great for enclosed areas (when it's Cax) if it's RA or DM, i recommend shaft for enclosed areas, the splash for ra does work in enclosed areas for these mods, but... you will suffer damage and in these games its more important to have armor and health, then to do some damge on an opponent.

Other then these simple basics.

its more like everyone else said practice.

But don't shoot unless you "have a shot or a good chance of hitting someone" as you do have a delay between firing.

That will greatly improve ur playing even if ur a noob.

~Cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X