X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guides To The Game

Rune Quake - A guide to RQ
    A large variety of runes that do a lot of awesome things. We're talking death spots, ice traps, tornadoes, teleportation and more. Deathmatch based with a grapple hook and these combined make for an exciting gameplay.

Death Match - A guide to DM
    Hand to hand combat. 20 minute games these days. Plenty of improvements, so if you're new, or coming back, be sure to hop on a server.

Capture the Flag - A guide to CTF
    Hand to hand combat with a grapple hook and 2 flags, one for each team. Gets wild, gets hairy, this stuff's exciting. Don't be scared to hop in on a game. To play 3wave Capture The Flag (which is mainly played these days), you will need to download a couple files! Check out the CTF section of Forums for this help.

[This section will be under constant construction.]
    Last edited by Frenzy; 08-10-2011, 10:45 AM.
    uakene.com

Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
    construnction
    Feel free to delete this post once this rather large mistake has been rectified.

Comment

hehe
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

baha, I noticed the typo last night when I did it, but was too lazy to fix it and logged off
        uakene.com

Comment

The CTF guide needs to be self-contained elsewhere (Quakeone.com sounds like a great place), as the Web-Archive is not a real "safe" alternative. Its like the last leg availibility of long-gone source's.The more self-contained we remain,the stronger we are in terms of preservation.
          Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-10-2011, 12:59 PM.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

A lot of new players will find this helpful. I read a few thing that I didn't know myself. Great job !

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

Will get to work revising my rune guide so that it is worthy of a link here

Comment

haha

Comment

That CTF guide seems to be broken missing the officers training section.
                  The basic training seems complete and it was a huge eye opener.I had no clue about the radial scoring around the flag for assists.
                  My strategy was to play CTF like a soccer game.Constantly changing from offense to defense which led to everyone saying wtf are you?
                  I will actually be able to comm effectively now and Identify individuals.
                  Thank you Chad.
                  WARNING
                  May be too intense for some viewers.
                  Stress Relief Device
                  ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                  ---------------------------
                  .--------------------------

Comment

actually, my coat tails feel heavy. someones on them
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Can you upload a skilljumping guide? I've been trying to attain sanic speed but so far I've been unsuccessful.

Comment

Are you playing netquake or quakeworld?

Comment

I am not very experienced when it comes down to Quake Multi-player. I think that I have come to the right place... Guides to the Game? Sounds good to me!

1. Do statistics really matter in Quake? (e.g.: Flag captures, flag assists, flag defenses, flag recoveries, etc.). Do these statistics matter as much as Sports Statistics? Can statistics be misleading?

2. Consider the following the case... You are taking part in a LAN party. All of a sudden, there's a power outage. What would happen? (Remember... This happened during the Superbowl).

3. Should Capture The Flag provide instant replay? Many sports have instant replay (e.g.: Hockey, basketball, etc.)

===

Remember... I am not a newbie. I am just a person who's not very experienced.
                          "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
                            I am not very experienced when it comes down to Quake Multi-player. I think that I have come to the right place... Guides to the Game? Sounds good to me!

1. Do statistics really matter in Quake? (e.g.: Flag captures, flag assists, flag defenses, flag recoveries, etc.). Do these statistics matter as much as Sports Statistics? Can statistics be misleading?

2. Consider the following the case... You are taking part in a LAN party. All of a sudden, there's a power outage. What would happen? (Remember... This happened during the Superbowl).

3. Should Capture The Flag provide instant replay? Many sports have instant replay (e.g.: Hockey, basketball, etc.)

===

Remember... I am not a newbie. I am just a person who's not very experienced.
                            Do these questions pertain to guides to the game? lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                              Do these questions pertain to guides to the game? lol..
                              Hopefully, these questions do pertain to guides to Quake... Sometimes I will ask a bunch of random questions out of the sky.
                              "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Working...
                              X