Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another great Frenzy example (Continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another great Frenzy example (Continued)

This post ->http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...-frenzy-2.html<- continued HERE.

RE: OoPpEe , just because the bitching is really RAMPANT doesn't mean its any less important. I'm sorry most of the people bitching are REAL NETQUAKE PLAYERS, who happen to have invested way more time playing this game than anything else, so when you consider it POINTLESS BITCHING then you're obviously just re-itterating that you have no fucking clue, so STEP OFF the locking of post's.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

It's pointless when the issue can be resolved by a simple PM.
    There's been many issues I've had on these forums, I could create a thread about it and whine in public about it or I can simply PM the user(s) that can do something about it and be done with it.
    I will use the Frenzy banning someone thread - a PM would of saved a lot of unneeded drama and BS.
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...e-rage-0r.html
    Then comes Frenzy's post.
    Volia issue resolved and done. Hell it was muller's thread and if you read his post after Frenzy's he was fine and the issue was fine. Thread should of been locked then as the THREAD STARTER'S issue was resolved.
    btw Frenzy, at this point, it's all good to me. These other clowns just can't get enough Kimp and I think this thread is an important showcase of just how destructive their Kimp-lust is becoming. Best choice of words. This whole "Kimp" crap has got out of hand. You've made VARIOUS posts about him, how about quit posting and actually do something productive in stopping him - as obviously your posts are doing....nothing. Your "Gorilla Warfare" on him is doing nothing as it's basically daily you post something about him.

Comment

Thanks for bringing those threads back, although locked.

I was about to write up my letter to the admins I respect on this site as to why I was leaving but bringing the threads back is an acceptable compromise.

Bitch fests will continue as long as they are constantly terminated prematurely. That's not to say that heated discussions won't need moderation. The proper moderation should be done on a post by post basis though, not entire threads, when possible.

People need to be able to discuss things, even negative and heated things, in a community.

Remember, some of you may be in your 20's and younger, but many of us DM'ers and probably CTF'ers alike are over 30. We're old enough to know how to have a heated discussion. You may think that its a bitch fest where neither side refuses to budge, and those may happen. But its a discussion that people need to be allowed to have.

We're not 15 year olds any more. Stop locking and moving threads like we need to be protected.

Comment

Kimp isn't the subject of this post. Locking/Moving posts IS the subject of this post.

For the record, no need for trucks, Kimp's dont apply. but since you bring it up,lets REQUEST SOME MOTHAFUCKIN TRUCKS!!!

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
        It's pointless when the issue can be resolved by a simple PM.
        There's been many issues I've had on these forums, I could create a thread about it and whine in public about it or I can simply PM the user(s) that can do something about it and be done with it.
        I will use the Frenzy banning someone thread - a PM would of saved a lot of unneeded drama and BS.
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...e-rage-0r.html
        Then comes Frenzy's post.
        Volia issue resolved and done. Hell it was muller's thread and if you read his post after Frenzy's he was fine and the issue was fine. Thread should of been locked then as the THREAD STARTER'S issue was resolved.
        btw Frenzy, at this point, it's all good to me. These other clowns just can't get enough Kimp and I think this thread is an important showcase of just how destructive their Kimp-lust is becoming. Best choice of words. This whole "Kimp" crap has got out of hand. You've made VARIOUS posts about him, how about quit posting and actually do something productive in stopping him - as obviously your posts are doing....nothing. Your "Gorilla Warfare" on him is doing nothing as it's basically daily you post something about him.
        Everyone gets it except a select few, and since the COMMANDO'S RUNNING IN THE WOODS (ask Baker about it).

OoPpEe you might presume to think that because I bitch about the same pain my ass for the last 3+ years on a regular basis , that it means I've reached the end of my rope, and bitching is all I have left. Well you'd be correct. I'm the gaurd dog that essentially keeps the bullshit to a MINIMUM, and since recently Wolv/Tremor/Other TDM Players have constantly .

a)Request elect-admin and continually ban me,because they'd prefer to have the pos cheater Kimp around to fullfill a 'player slot'.
        b)Reject 3 + years of trying to erradicate a cheating/proxy using/wallhacking/REJECTED from the community trash.

I have plenty of reason to have distaste for a section of community of players who won't stand up for me (tons of TDM players who know I'm an okay guy,either provoke assholes like CrackDog or Wolv, and sit by idle why Kimp continue's to run amok.

I've been banned by some half-wit elected peon just to keep me from logging in and banning kimp. Wolv was the biggest fuckhead to cross my path (Sorry CD, you only foam at the mouth,and that don't cut it. Wolv had balls atleast to elect ban me,twice now)

Yes, Ive been spit in the face enough time's to definately want to "Set a Bomb" and walk away from it (guirella tactics,whats the prob).

As far as im concerned ,CD and Wolv are fn worthless. The stuff I'd scrape off my boot. To think being approached by so many Admin's to request banning KIMP would turn Tremor's bleeding heart onto over drive. If that was the case I would have told him HEY LETS GET HIM TO JOIN KP , and in a twilight zone world he would have HAMMERED his asssssss right then and theeeeeeeeeeree!
        Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-12-2011, 10:43 PM.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Well plural implies I locked more than 1. I merely locked a thread that was 100% directed towards Frenzy, something PM's are for. If he felt he is abusing - a PM solves it. If it doesn't Solecord is the head admin here. So if it wasn't resolved he could of went that route. Instead he decides to make his issue public in which will just have everyone but the one it's directed at involved. Did you see Frenzy reply? Nope - even when he has the ability to reply within a locked topic.
          I could create a thread and complain how you spam the forums with the same Kimp BS over and over, however if the issue becomes big enough - you'll have a PM. A users issue with a individual is something PM's are for. What purpose does a public thread like his serve? The same point can be made with PM - look at what he typed. He simply stated what he did wrong and closed the post (as in no reply needed).
          This is itself becoming a common issue. Everyone is just going for the "Public Bashing" option over the adult decision of resolving the issue 1 on 1.

If you want to talk about the whole bitching aspect. Okay, look at many of the threads. They are:
          1) Completely derailed to the point that the original issue is completely lost.
          2) Somehow turned into a Kimp fest
          3) Were resolved, but then others hijacked it and turned it into a flamefest
          When any of those 3 happen, threads can be locked as it's no longer about what the thread was about. The Muller post was solved on Page 1, all the other pages were you and a couple others dragging it on things completely unrelated to the initial issue.

Now I do disagree with Frenzy locking after he got the last word in. He should of just locked it with the reason why:
          The issue was resolved on Page 1 - the reason this thread was created was resolved. Closed.
          Not close it while throwing in a comment towards someone. However on the same note, people are hijacking threads so much and turning it into a issue about themselves - that even if he did lock it the way I said above - you'd still complain about it as it suddenly closed the thread you/another hijacked and made into something else.

[Edit] This post was made while you typed out the above reply - that isn't taken into consideration in this message.

Comment

It's completely understandable on that (end of rope). However the way you are going about it now is doing nothing. You come here and just call people out and flame the hell out of them. What are you accomplishing? In my eyes, you're only helping him. I bet he comes on here and sees your posts and just laughs. Gives him incentive to continue it. Actually do something about this instead of posting and flaming. You also on the same point realize that not everyone will. share. your. view. ever. The only thing you can do is make the servers you admin on "Kimp Proof" trying to force others to kick him when he's in a server will never happen as some want a cheat free game, and some "just want to play". I myself am on the side of cheat free - however trying to change others is like trying to get them to change religion. The community will always be split. Control the places you can. That way you can provide a "Kimp free enviroment" on select servers. Fully "kimp proofing" won't be possible until tools are done. Even Bakers suing didn't work - he couldn't sue him as Kimp hosted the content on a non-American server (what I got when I asked him about it awhile back).
            Oh and look, this was ANOTHER thread the could of entirely been resolved via PM.

Comment

Dear parties involved,
              I whole-heartedly agree with ooppee on this. I honestly can't speak for anyone but myself, but I will say that if this back-and-forth-poop-slinging has gotten to the point of nearly driving off a dedicated member like myself (oh, did I not mention that? Well, it has...) then think of what it is doing to potential new members. Disagreements can be kept within PMs. Not everyone cares about your fuckin feuds, and not everyone wants to filter through your pissing and moaning about "this admin did this and it made me cry." It only brings the morale of the community down several pegs. Negativity breeds more negativity.

respectfully yours,
              DK

Comment

Bitch less, play more.
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Yes. Agreed R00k. And while you're at it Mindz, start some threads with all the good stuff I've done since you want to single out what YOU THINK was wrong of me, haha. You're like a newspaper sometimes
                  uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                    Bitch less, play more.
                    Less say, more play!

I bet this type of drama doesn't happen on the Mine Sweep forums.
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                      For the record, no need for trucks, Kimp's dont apply. but since you bring it up,lets REQUEST SOME MOTHAFUCKIN TRUCKS!!
                      so I fn TRUCKED AROUUUUUUUUUUND

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0663asT5xY]1.9 Million lb generator move by Mammoet through Johnston, SC - YouTube[/ame]
                      e|------------------------0---------------
                      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                      A|---------------0------------------------
                      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

I find the bitching about moving flamewars and the like pretty ridiculous. As an admin, one of the things you need to do is keep the peace, and if you have to move the offending posts, then so be it. A "hands-off" approach to admining defeats the purpose of being an admin in the first place. I've had about 3 or so years of admin experience on a wiki, and a hand-on approach has helped keep the peace much better than not doing anything about an issue.

People need to be able to discuss things, even negative and heated things, in a community.

Remember, some of you may be in your 20's and younger, but many of us DM'ers and probably CTF'ers alike are over 30. We're old enough to know how to have a heated discussion. You may think that its a bitch fest where neither side refuses to budge, and those may happen. But its a discussion that people need to be allowed to have.

We're not 15 year olds any more. Stop locking and moving threads like we need to be protected.
                        Discussing the occasional negative thing is okay, but what you guys have done is completely flood the board with bitching and Q_Qing. I find it ironic that you're complaining about how you're all mature, but then you go back and have a meltdown over posts being moved.

and really, admins should not give a shit about a poster's age when they do their admin work. People in their 30s and older are 100% capable of acting like children and being unable to sort through a problem peacefully, as this recent flamewar has proven.

TBH, I would've banned Magnus, Omri and the other members of the Kimp Krew for a week or so as soon as they started picking fights and the like. Giving them a week to cool down would've help the board tremendously. That way, they can get through their rage without taking the whole board with them.

Comment

Working...
                        X