Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proquake Fontsize?

Any way to change proquake's font size?

I'd check the readme, but i don't think it comes with the current proquake distros anymore just a change.log and a gnu.txt these days.

Anyho.

Anyone know how to change the font size in proquake to make it (bigger)?

As the original crosshair' is the '+' sign, and any altered +' signs (colorized) mine's yellow, are still... a + sign.

I figured if there was a way to change the base fontsize of proquake, to a higher value my pretty yellow crosshair would be more visible in my 1680x1050 res.

I've gotten used to its size more or less, but.. just was wondering as it's a tiny tiny tiny, crosshair these days. See the youtube vid or other threads that had ppl show their quake to see its size.

I think i'm just getting old and blind.

I know also baker's post in the crosshairs thread ages ago:

Originally posted by baker
    type ...

crosshairimage "" <--- this will make it not use the circle
    crosshairsize 1 <---- this will make it normal size

then ...

crosshair 1 <--- or 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    It does work with the 2-5 or so, but they are hideous looking oversized white crosshairs lol. I just want to expand my crosshair downside is, mines the original crosshair just painted Yellow.

So its in the original gfx.wad file, with the rest of the character set for quake 1.

Thus the idea, of adjusting the fontsize to make my crosshair bigger, course it will make the txt annoying but i can just use con_notifylines 0 to ignore all txt, unless i look in the console.

~Thanks.

Try sifting through the commands yourself. You can start by typing con and hitting tab. The tab button should let you cycle through all commands starting with con. This is the best I can do for you now, since I don't have proquake installed and I don't know the command.
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

well there is a crosshairsize var,

however it does nothing in proquake.

I couldn't find a fontsize var.

Thus is why i asked. As i know, DP and Qrack clients (managed) to allow various font sizes, tho they also aren't restrained to the char set for the crosshair since they use pk3 textures/and whatnot.

Anyways, was just curious.

Thanks tho, and yes i did browse the list of vars. I just wondered if i missed something.

Comment

Try looking for cvars that appear suspicious, even though they might not seem to be exactly what you want. Maybe something like consize or conwidth. Wait... I'm remembering seeing a console size item somewhere in the options menu... try looking through that.
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Yea maybe have a pass through the gl_ and scr_ set
          WARNING
          May be too intense for some viewers.
          Stress Relief Device
          ....BANG HEAD HERE....
          ---------------------------
          .--------------------------

Comment

Qrack uses con_textsize, maybe ProQuake has a similar command.
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

thanks, i don't think it exists i checked the cvarlist.

crosshairsize exists but it doesn't do anything.

And there doesn't appear to be anything to adjust the text-size in proquake.

Shame.

O well i was just curious.

Actually closest thing i could find, was in the settings/advanced options.

The console width, if you set it to 640 width, the crosshair does get bigger (fatter) but looks a little blehy. However that did increase the crosshair size yet it didn't change the resolution.

So i suppose i can try playing like that sometime even tho the crosshair doesn't look as pretty since it became stretched it still looks nicer then these (white crosshairs built into proquake that are oversized) heh.

Thanks though. ^^

Comment

Working...
              X