Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember this forum? QUAKEONE USERS AND LURKERS MUST READ THIS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember this forum? QUAKEONE USERS AND LURKERS MUST READ THIS!!!

Do you people remember ForumPlanet when it was actually active and had users on it? Back in 2008 that was the most active and most popular game site and then one day the users slowly started decreasing and kept decreasing over a slow time and by the end of 2008 it was a ghost town. Today you might find unanswered threads by a few people that get locked by the moderators and administrators for no reason and a few users lurking, that's all the activity that takes place on the forums now. I believe QuakeOne is heading in that direction, it wasn't long ago that there were actually people on this forums now there's a sudden decrease in users and posts. Has anyone else noticed this? I believe we should take action!

calm down. The forums was intended to be a gathering point for the Quake Players in its original intention,and its expanded far beyond that.

we are just in a slump, that is far from permanent. If you are gauging the activity of players by the activity of the forums, you seriously should connect to a server some time in your Quake existance and smell the runes/rounds of RQ/CA .
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I've never even bothered w/ the servers TBH, whenever I connect there are no players the only time there were players on there I was banned for being Kimp apparently (which was IMO rude).

Comment

Well i think some people here are less avtive atm because of all the bi*ching that was going on here in the last 2 months or so. That's not good for any kind of forum unless it is a forum about bi*ching. Most (nearly all) threads were about the same stuff over and over again, i for myself had also nearly lost interest on the site because it was terrible. I'm glad that it's getting better now. I hope Seven will show up soon, he brought so much life in here and into quake.

Comment

Talking about bitching, look to the left and see how many guests are viewing this forum compared the users, I wonder what they're thinking of us they're probably thinking that we're trolls and that we're a bad community when they view our stupid threads.

Comment

I play Quake literally every day and will continue to do so, no matter what happens. I only recently started posting here too, so imo, I wouldn't compare forum activity to actual player activity.

I've never had a problem finding players to play with. Sure, sometimes I check the servers and no one is on, but I'll just play another game for an hour or maybe just afk in a server for a sec. People come, they always do.

Comment

I love how everyone can blame forum drama for the slump quake/forums is in, whilst in the same instance, also dismiss all that bitching like it was done for fun,or had malice intention's,which is 100% incorrect.

You'll never understand the smell of a sweet sweet rose if you just keep gawking at it through the greenhouse glass wall.
              (IE,if you didn't bother quaking between 2009 through mid-2011, you don't know the circumstances)

Let someone drop a flamming bag of shit on YOUR front doorstep for 2+ years , and lets see how long you survive without breaking off a peice of bitch-fit,or attempt to take action.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

QuakeOne forums is a place for people to ask questions, share tips, talk about last nights games, etc. Since the majority of people who frequent the forums fall into the latter category, there's more drama involved. I mean wouldnt you laugh if a new player posted how proud he was that he found the PENT on e1m1? Kinda boring. The excitement about any game is the gathering of experience to share with your friends. Even bad games are 5 minutes worth of fame. Generations of gamers get watered down by the flood of new games that come out yearly. The only ones still talking about Quake are the players that have played at it's original time of fame. Multiplayer is what kept Quake a profitable franchise, not the run and gun "get out of where you are" gameplay. There's just no AI on the planet that can match another human opponent. And then when you get to fall back to a forum and spout "in your face!" it makes it that much more fun

Though, when RemakeQuake is finished, i'm sure there will be a surge of Q&A and ss's of achievements and a lot more buzz!
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I just downloaded qrack and it has given me reason to play. Not to mention the ability to easily obliterate anyone.

Dmtg tonight. I'll take mindz on my team.

Thanks rook!!

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                    QuakeOne forums is a place for people to ask questions, share tips, talk about last nights games, etc. Since the majority of people who frequent the forums fall into the latter category, there's more drama involved. I mean wouldnt you laugh if a new player posted how proud he was that he found the PENT on e1m1? Kinda boring. The excitement about any game is the gathering of experience to share with your friends. Even bad games are 5 minutes worth of fame. Generations of gamers get watered down by the flood of new games that come out yearly. The only ones still talking about Quake are the players that have played at it's original time of fame. Multiplayer is what kept Quake a profitable franchise, not the run and gun "get out of where you are" gameplay. There's just no AI on the planet that can match another human opponent. And then when you get to fall back to a forum and spout "in your face!" it makes it that much more fun

Though, when RemakeQuake is finished, i'm sure there will be a surge of Q&A and ss's of achievements and a lot more buzz!
                    SO TRUE,back in 97/98 after I had practically exhausted my Q1SP experience,I got a huge boner for QuakeSpy (soon to become GameSpy) ,found IHOC,then RQ,then CA,and the road lead here eventually.

Originally posted by Bruce2 View Post
                    I just downloaded qrack and it has given me reason to play. Not to mention the ability to easily obliterate anyone.

Dmtg tonight. I'll take mindz on my team.

Thanks rook!!
                    Thanks Broseph

Comment

Bruce is playing dm tonight? I'm in.

Way 2 ez.

Comment

For the first time in my "Quake Career", I now have an up to date system (which I purchased days ago), and a beautiful connection (pinging 20-40 on any server), as well, downloaded QRACK and for the first time as well in my "Quake Career" have a FAST running QRACK.

*Brushes off the rust*

I played last night and it's just amazing.
                        I think I just fell in love with Quake again.
                        uakene.com

Comment

Keep in mind that 90% of the gamers of today are kiddies and most of the people that use to play the games in the 90s have quit and that the kiddies are drawn to games like CoD and Halo and aren't interested in a franchise from 1996 w/ brutal gameplay they want easy shit like CoD and Halo.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
                            Keep in mind that 90% of the gamers of today are kiddies and most of the people that use to play the games in the 90s have quit and that the kiddies are drawn to games like CoD and Halo and aren't interested in a franchise from 1996 w/ brutal gameplay they want easy shit like CoD and Halo.
                            I don't think its completely hopeless; there's Steam sales for Quake games, which usually attracts at least a few people that haven't played Quake 1 before. If I see someone that says "Hey, I bought a package that has Quake 1 in it, but I've never played it before. What mods and the like should I get?" on a forum, I always try to show them things like Darkplaces, some classic SP levelsets and that there are several (NetQuake) servers still active.

Comment

I am always laughing at them and saying things like
                              CoD is just another wanna be. Q1 often imitated NEVER duplicated.
                              Take a look under the hood and you will find a quake license in almost every FPS around that is worth playing.
                              WARNING
                              May be too intense for some viewers.
                              Stress Relief Device
                              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                              ---------------------------
                              .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X