Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolute stranger here, getting back into Quake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolute stranger here, getting back into Quake.

I looked at the thread titled "How do we garner interest in quake?", and I have a few suggestions.

Make a huge link that says "New? Coming back? Here's how to start!" with links to critical files and instructions on what to download, how to set it up, and how to link in and start playing with everyone.

Basically, that's why I'm here. I haven't played Quake in over 12 or 13 years and it was simply the best online experience I ever had. Ever. I don't need to tell any of you this, that's why we're all here.

So how do I get started? I saw tons of different download links. Which one is the one everyone is playing? Where do I get started?

Really looking forward to jumping back in, god I loved Multiplayer, CTF, deathmatch, all the cool runes and that crazy grappling hook (that stuff still around?)

Much love guys, and thanks in advance.

Bo King

Welcome back Bo...yep, its all here still, just as you left it Well, that and some more.
    You'll find everyone pretty much has their niche, what they prefer to use as a client, and what kind of games they prefer to play etc.

Good sugguestion on the help link....Baker the admin guy has done alot to put the most useful stuff on the home page, like the name generator , and links to the quake clients, etc. Best sugguestion is to just surf this site and get what you need that way. It could take a few days, but its time well spent.

Comment

Same here, I'm just getting back into Q1 after many years away: I've been playing Quake 2, Quake 3, Diablo II and the Age of Empires series since 1997 and haven't really been part of the Q1 scene.

(Q2 players may have known me as EvilBill in The Days of Yore (TM) but I'm not going by that any more!)

Just now DLing preeetttyy much every file on this site and trying to reinstall SoA and DoE from my sadly banged-up CDs. LOL!
      Command, I got a problem here...

Comment

as long as pak1 isn't corrupt your golden, pak0 can be obtained from any shareware download. incase you have to peice it together from CD's that look like someone took sand paper to it :F
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          as long as pak1 isn't corrupt your golden, pak0 can be obtained from any shareware download. incase you have to peice it together from CD's that look like someone took sand paper to it :F
          Sounds about right, LOL!

Thankfully the original and Scourge are ok, Dissolution I may need to scour eBay for.

Comment

If your gonna scour anything, scour google
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

If your gonna scour anything, scour google
              Google is my friend?

Comment

I think I'm going to write a guide for this.

Comment

I told you to buy a CD lense cleaner kit from Best buy but you wont lisen....

Comment

Working...
                  X