Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infje View Post
    Again, thanks for all the replies guys!
    No problem. Just tell the guys at id what the players think that still play their 15 year old crap.

Comment

When I got my first Pentium-class PC in 1997, the guy I bought it from was a computer dealer in my hometown and was a friend of mine. When I brought the PC home (used), he'd convinced me not only to buy the original Quake CD, but the two mission packs as well (Armagon and Rogue).

The next three months I was absolutely stunned by the atmosphere and gameplay. Not long before I was still goofing around on an old Commodore computer, so it's easily imaginable how sucked-in I was. I mean, it was either Quake or Pak-Man or the like. Needless to say my Commodore gathered dust after that.

I quickly learned about the on-line gameplay experience and could be found at many TeamFortress servers when I was off work for some years to come.

Since those days I've had many nice games, but the only older one I really ever come back to is Quake 1. There are still many new maps and mods being made, and I wonder sometimes just how large of a hard-drive it would take to hold them all.

I also found a great past-time in the making of my own quake levels; something I do to this very day.

have a good one

Comment

Working...
      X