Revolving doors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolving doors.

Does anyone know if there is any free script for "rotating structures (e.g. fans, revolving doors) and (maybe) breakable walls."

Like the first door in the misson pack scourge of armagon: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3j...mpi_videogames

For a mod I'm helping with.
    Last edited by Halm_Barte; 10-25-2011, 05:42 PM.
    ----------------------------------------
    NIXON'S BACK!!

You adjust the entities angles in QuakeC. Most likely in a while loop until its fully open or fully closed.

You can look at the source code : http://www.moddb.com/games/quake/dow...uake-c-release
    and find the exact routine.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

i am programming breackeable rotate doors
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
        i am programming breackeable rotate doors
        Ahh, thanks webmonkeyman but if bracketed doors are possible for the near future that would be superb. I want something like the 'panels' from portal. (as close as possible)

NIXON'S BACK!!

Comment

i know Quake2 has rotating walls (in some cases, RAPIDLY rotating walls). Since it's the same engine, maybe you can use that to your advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
            Since it's the same engine
            I thought it was QC+ or QC++ for Q2 ....am I wrong
            NIXON'S BACK!!

Comment

So far there are two ways of doing rotating doors in Quake:

- Hipnotic rotation code (from Scourge of Armagon), this was used in most mods in the past but requires some pretty ugly hacks for collision. Works in most engines.

- Real origin-rotating bmodels just using avelocity, with collision, like in Quake 2, Half-Life and any game after that. Only works in supporting engines, either by hacking (give a func_wall an avelocity key or something like that) or with proper QuakeC that gives you mapper-usable entities. The latter is at least in Avirox' Quake-Life, in a mod by Baker, and in RemakeQuake - not sure about other mods that do it. Supporting engines include darkplaces, FTE, RMQe and probably Proquake (maybe Qrack as well?).

What method are you using, Nahuel? I assume the latter? If so, I'd be interested in the code once you finish.

Oh and Halm_Barte, here is hl_doors.qc from RMQ:

http://pastebin.com/1BVAVkXC

Here is doors.qc:

http://pastebin.com/PP4JKxu4

Be aware that you can't simply plug this into a vanilla progs. You must add any new qc files to progs.src; and you must add any new globals to defs.qc. But this should give you an idea.
              Last edited by golden_boy; 10-26-2011, 10:26 AM.
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                What method are you using, Nahuel? I assume the latter? If so, I'd be interested in the code once you finish.
                i am using the hipnotic rotation, works fine but the mapping is enough ugly (too many entities and brushes for only a door) I will try to remake the doors with the quake life qc. I will release the code if i can do it

syluxman2803

Comment

It would have had to work on dosQuake, no worries guys; I'll think I'll send the link for the hypnotic source to the programmer working on it. I'm just mapping ...I'm reading into QC to understand a function which I don't seem to be able to get to work. "spawn function not found for:" error.
                  NIXON'S BACK!!

Comment

Originally posted by Halm_Barte View Post
                    It would have had to work on dosQuake, no worries guys; I'll think I'll send the link for the hypnotic source to the programmer working on it. I'm just mapping ...I'm reading into QC to understand a function which I don't seem to be able to get to work. "spawn function not found for:" error.
                    che the mod "custents" Itīs a great mod with many stuff for dos quake. great documentation and, obviously, source included.
                    QuakeWiki Custents – Custom Entities

syluxman2803

Comment

cant wait to see a downloadable version of this idea

Comment

Working...
                      X