No announcement yet.

Curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had ten years worth of advice from one of the best mappers who ever lived; however I've never grown beyond what you see here. I suppose I can blame Qoole for half of it, and my lack of patience for not learning how to use a better editor for the other.

Back in the day, I remember having such HUGE plans to make levels. Qoole let me start these but never let me finish them. CSG was usually my biggest enemy, but in those days I never listened to good advice.

After I finally DID, it was MONTHS before I was able to take all of the bugs out of "Supermaze" and turn it into "Extraction Protocol"...

... and even then what did I have? Go look at the dolly wheels by the crate. That's what I have! So much for my venture into "detail". Not to mention the "Scrags and Spawn moving through walls" bug. That was some kind of clipping error I was never able to pinpoint, and is visible in the demo I posted if you watch closely enough.

Otherwise, I listened to what both you and Baker have said. It is good advice for any beginning mapper. I wish I was still that enthusiastic.
    Last edited by Pvt. Gerpsnot; 12-11-2011, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X