Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saved game problem in Darkplaces + are there any enhanced ui mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved game problem in Darkplaces + are there any enhanced ui mods?

Hi, I have two questions. Here we go:

Saved game problem in Darkplaces

I played a little bit of SP before installing Darkplaces and I had a saved game. But when I launch Darkplaces, the saved game file doesn't appear in the Load Game menu. I used GLQuake.
    Any way to fix this?

Are there any enhanced user interface mods?

I need this mostly to be able to scroll through my collection of custom maps when creating a game. Right now I can only scroll through the official maps. I know I can use the console to load the maps. But still.

Thanks in advance!

well yeah, it are two different engines, so most likely they might also use different filetypes for the savegames.

mostly savegames are not compatible between different engines,
    which is also what id guess is the problem here
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hi Dojmin

Originally posted by dojmin View Post
      Hi, I have two questions. Here we go:

Saved game problem in Darkplaces

I played a little bit of SP before installing Darkplaces and I had a saved game. But when I launch Darkplaces, the saved game file doesn't appear in the Load Game menu. I used GLQuake.
      Any way to fix this?
      I don't use DP but I get the impression that it can be a little different at times in it's file path's and so forth. I seem to recall with Proquake you can use the "load savedgamepath" command to load a saved game. It might be worth giving this a try with DP as it may let you navigate to the appropriate directory containing your saved game via the path you supply.

Originally posted by dojmin View Post
      Are there any enhanced user interface mods?

I need this mostly to be able to scroll through my collection of custom maps when creating a game. Right now I can only scroll through the official maps. I know I can use the console to load the maps. But still.

Thanks in advance!

I've not used it myself but if a GUI is what you are after the Quake Injector might help you.

Kind regards

Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
      X