Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake's the SH!T?

Ok so...

Ive taken the EXM1 map names and grouped the words based on grammatical syntax and have come up with this list:
    the
    termination
    slipgate
    sewage
    complex installation central system

Obv the primary role of the Quake Marine was clearly THE TERMINATION of SLIPGATE SEWAGE through a COMPLEX INSTALLATION within the CENTRAL SYSTEM.

So ideally quake was originally meant as a 3d Super Mario Brothers clone
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Uhm, what?
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

On the magic sauce?
      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ler said his was quitting quake so i had to fill the void in the forum.

Comment

LoL ROOK's drunk and going on a Ler rant rave.

Comment

I thought it was funny :/

Comment

R00k's drunk or high.

Comment

Video games have symbolism that could be occult so do movies, it's easy to see
                In movies, not sure of all examples for video games, Mario world has the magic mushroom and stargate portals, YouTube 9/11 in Hollywood you'll see

Comment

I was bored, lil bit of what grim said... just sparking silly shit.

Comment

I actually find it very interesting. It is the first time I actually realized this. No really, I mean it. Thank you R00k.
                    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

At least Mario got some hot princesse as a reward, the only thing quake marine gets on the end its shubniguraths bodyparts after he did blow her appart from the inside -_-
                      If it's an analogy then it's a bad one
                      Seems almoust like a realisation of a unfulfilled teen-dream of quake creaters about screw princesse of mushrooms kingdom on the hard way
                      Last edited by ForestMan; 01-27-2012, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForestMan View Post
                        At least Mario got some hot princesse as a reward, the only thing quake marine gets on the end its shubniguraths bodyparts after he did blow her appart from the inside -_-
                        If it's an analogy then it's a bad one
                        Seems almoust like a realisation of a unfulfilled teen-dream of quake creaters about screw princesse of mushrooms kingdom on the hard way
                        We got SurferGirl and Princess didn't get naked. R00k this is indeed interesting
                        uakene.com

Comment

SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                          THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm just saying that they starting making a fantasy adventure game then "Crap we are running out of time!" needed to change the game, "Lets make a military style and have a transporter to another dimensions!", "okay Lets start remaking the levels"....2 weeks later "Ack! we are REALLY out of time, just toss the new maps as the 1st map of each episode then get to making a story..."
                            3 days later no story, Quake ships! They named the military levels based on the misfortune of the way their plans went, cleaning up the crapper!

Comment

Quake means alot of things to each person. Its interesting how it hits us all slightly differently, but there is still that common thread back the the original. I think it brings out the artist hidden in all of us. Some of the textures on the maps are quite artistic, and add depth that I still dont see anywhere else. Like the stained glass windows that show dragons for example....that is way out of the box, especially for 1996. You know the ID guys played alot of D & D together right? To me the blend of future and fantasy is very interesting. Its like Lord of the rings, then a trip to the future in sci-fi. Its all relevent today in whats going on in the world, will we fall back to the days where technology is evil, or will we be able to have a sound future with all the complexities technology brings?

Comment

Working...
                              X