X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey - its Godzilla old pal Jai Jaguar !

Originally posted by StatiC View Post

Comment

Nah I think I know the entire thesis of why the shub is there. If I remember the theme of the game, it was causing all these demons and stuff to be gated into the future, and stuff like that. The blending of all these weapons that are in our time, comes from I think one of the old D & D modules where at the end, there is this big hole in a cave, and stuff from the future pours out of it every now and then. I think its suppose to be a segway to something the D & D guys never completed, and since the ID guys played lots of D & D, I think they decided to take off with that as part of the common ground ...sort of like they were playing that never released D & D module themselves, as they made quake, very ingenious.

Originally posted by ForestMan View Post
      If it's an analogy then it's a bad one

Comment

Comment

Pffft..That guy looks like he's offering free hand jobs with a mouth upgrade...

ive been playing QUAKE ATLEAST an hour a day since 1998 on the average.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

That is an unfortunate screenshot...

Comment

who ate the lobster?

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAsaCbnYBEA]Gorilla Shuffle - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Hah!

Actually Quake and Super Mario 64 aren't all that different in single player. They look completely different but in both games you make your way through teleports/slipgates to the next level, fighting the enemy along the way. Super Mario 64 even has episodes. There are lava levels and {slime} toxic levels as well as underwater segments, traps and secrets. You get keys in both games - Quake has Runes, SM64 has hats. You can become invisible and invincible in both games. You can even (sorta kinda) rocket jump in SM64

Both were released in early 1996 (well qTest was - close enough)
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                    Hah!

Actually Quake and Super Mario 64 aren't all that different in single player. They look completely different but in both games you make your way through teleports/slipgates to the next level, fighting the enemy along the way. Super Mario 64 even has episodes. There are lava levels and {slime} toxic levels as well as underwater segments, traps and secrets. You get keys in both games - Quake has Runes, SM64 has hats. You can become invisible and invincible in both games. You can even (sorta kinda) rocket jump in SM64

Both were released in early 1996 (well qTest was - close enough)
                    that was an enjoyable read
                    SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                    THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X