Doom weapons for Quake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom weapons for Quake

Can Doom weapons be used in Quake? (I'm curious.) It would be fun to use a chainsaw on an ogre. Do you know if this type of mod exists?
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

zer.zip - Zerstörer - Testament of the Destroyer by Nihilism Unlimited has a chainsaw
    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

hmm...
      well, most likely not doom1/2 weapons since they use sprites for the weapons instead of models which quake uses.

but doom3 weapons are possible, seanstar which is also here on forums actually has that.

although personally i dont see why anyone would want that. if you want doom weapons, go play doom. if you want quake, play quake
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thank you.
        "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

The mod I host, FvF, has a DooM Marine class. Try it out sometime, connect to fvf.servequake.com
          e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

If possible, could probably port over Quake 2 weapons to Quake. Basically just 3D Doom weapons (minus chainsaw). Well, the Rocket Launcher, Hyperblaster (Plasma Rifle), and BFG10k (BFG9k) are close. Maybe even the Chaingun if altered.
            Soundtracks and Instrumentals
            MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

Working...
            X