Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello dear Quakeone people. I got an important question to ask.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello dear Quakeone people. I got an important question to ask.

Hello everyone, my name is Lelouch and I am 20 years old. I play Quake 1 since I was a child. That time I was a little bit too young, and I didn't even know how to speak English language. (Yes, I am not from UK/US, etc.)

Now I am 20 and I think I have enough knowledge to start understanding how Quake 1 rolls. I discovered many things while my research, I discovered custom clients made by different Quake 1 lovers. My most favorite Quake 1 version was JoeQuake. First time I thought this custom engine it's the full game, just that skills, monsters,..., and basically textures were edited.. but it wasn't like that; I was wondering why I couldn't load the game through JoeQuake GL and I discovered after that I also need a classic client, the original Quake 1, then I have to overwrite JoeQuake on my normal Quake. It was almost the same quality and stuff, I didn't enjoy it. Mainly, I discovered that there are different custom engines when I accidentally found out this video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhzXKMqZBBc]Quake done 100% Quickest - YouTube[/ame]

Alright people, please listen to me! All I want from any expert member of this forum from here is this Quake custom engine, every single thing from the video; the textures, the face skins, the wall texture, the text/font, the monsters, the weapons, the Quake Stats (that show when you finish a chapter, like on the video), etc.

I hope you get what I mean, I just want a link to download that custom engine from the video I posted above.

I would love (no homo) the guy that would help me (xD).
    ~Lelouch.

Later Update: Please contact me if you want! (see my Y!M on the left side, below the username, date and stuff).

Dunno about those textures, but here's Joequake:
    JoeQuake Project Page

Here's a replacement texture pack, but probably not exactly what you're looking for:
    http://www.quakeone.com/qrack/pak1.zip

Here's some monster replacements, again probably not exactly the same...\
    http://fvfonline.com/FvFmonsterSkins.zip
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Yes, Joe quake, the textures are QRP, monsters I believe are Fraggers? I've downloaded the texturepack from foq and I think most are correct from the video.

One thing to note from the video is the use of Quake 3 models which Joequake has the ability to use. This will give you the flames and explosions you see in the video.

Comment

Personally, I dont trust the Quake Done Quick demos. (yaya insert gripe here _ )
        The thing is that to do any bunny hopping u need a very low ticrate, or even recording a demo u can host_framerate and slow motion the game and create a bolstered physics. Normal Quake at ticrate 0.1 u cannot hop skip and jump in that manner. So there has been something modified to achieve the "floaty" gravity they seem to have. QW physics are not normal Quake physics due to the way the engine/prediction is facilitated.

This looks like JoeQuake because of the hud/gfx. But dont expect to be able to accomplish this at default singleplayer settings.
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

The version of JoeQuake in that demo is a private build by the JoeQuake engine author with the addition of Q3 effects.

So you won't be able to replicate everything about that video (like the teleporter effect, for instance).

Some of the 2D HUD graphics stuff may be available from: QuakeWorld GFX - Download QW graphics & custom maps
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
            The version of JoeQuake in that demo is a private build by the JoeQuake engine author with the addition of Q3 effects.

So you won't be able to replicate everything about that video (like the teleporter effect, for instance).

Some of the 2D HUD graphics stuff may be available from: QuakeWorld GFX - Download QW graphics & custom maps
            I would do anything for that private version. I really want it, because I am too tired to get a Quake like that, even with all the models I've got so far.

Could you give me the private version please?!

Comment

It's possible that Baker doesn't have it - just knows about it.

No, I don't have it either.

Quake engines tend to get a lot of private builds circulated. These are generally test builds to try fix a specific problem that someone is having, or to try something new out. They're not intended for, nor suitable for, general public distribution as they may have experimental new code in them that's not fully tested, they may have other bugs, they may not work on all hardware. In other words - you probably don't really want the private build.
              IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

^^ MH responded while I was typing. But yeah, I don't have this private build.

Jozsef told me about the private build, but like MH said I would bet that if it was release quality that Jozsef would have made a JoeQuake update. Which is just speculation on my part.

Originally posted by MH View Post
                It's possible that Baker doesn't have it - just knows about it.

No, I don't have it either.

Quake engines tend to get a lot of private builds circulated. These are generally test builds to try fix a specific problem that someone is having, or to try something new out. They're not intended for, nor suitable for, general public distribution as they may have experimental new code in them that's not fully tested, they may have other bugs, they may not work on all hardware. In other words - you probably don't really want the private build.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

@lelouch - just remake it, then you'll get a lot more than some textures and an engine. You can click here and get started right now.

No time like the present,
                  Gypsy
                  Last edited by MadGypsy; 03-04-2012, 02:05 PM.
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                  X