Newer Contributors Who Have Made A Difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer Contributors Who Have Made A Difference

Quake has had a ton of contributors who have enhanced the community in recent times.

Excluding widely-known and popular names, who are some of the people you feel have made significant contributions to the community in recent times?

The theme of this thread are unsung heroes who have made a difference that most people do not think of often. Or maybe there are so many contributors that contributions get crowded out in the static.

For the sake of setting a time frame, let's say from 2009 to the present.

[I have a couple in mind, but I would prefer to go near the last. If this thread gains any traction --- and I hope it does .. ]
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

That's a hard one, but I like to think of every-single-person who's said to themselves things like "I want to help" and took 2 seconds to make a positive difference puts them in the group of "the butterfly effect".

I've seen so much stuff it's hard to believe the and feels like the "Quake1 seams" are about to burst with a whole new mentality/era in a sense.

Anyway I guess I can't think of a specific person but when I do think about it almost everyone I've played Quake with in the past 3-4 years has contributed something even if it's only their time.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

r00k!

r00k!

while he might not be unsung, hes fixed most of our popular mods as well as updated them, helped set those mods up on servers, created some new levels, and gave us qrack.

if you ask me, hes the man. hell hes even made some textures/skins. also as a small side note, he personally sent me a video card for free when my old pc could no longer run quake so i could keep playing.
      Rambo[RuM]
      I support:
      Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
      Qrack - Thank You r00k
      Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
      Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Working...
      X