no more Quake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more Quake

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm moving overseas, so unfortunately I can't do my random yearly drop bys any more!

Baker, good luck with the new engine, and I think the socialization system you set in place is amazing. I would also add a forced 5 map rotation on CAX/DM that is my dying wish for NetQuake for whoever is left playing! I wish you were able to come out with this 5 years ago when we still had a "peak" in player totals.

Game seems nearly dead.. so I hope this helps bring it back a bit (or maybe in a bigway).. I've never played a video game for as long as I did Quake, started back in 1998, and it's been a lot of fun playing against all you guys from vis to spoon to wolv to CD to sting to goblin to everyone else.. to all the clan wars...the scrimmages.. the tournaments..the leagues.. there is a lot of nostalgia that's for sure..

This is really the only game where I felt "high" even when I was sober (most of the time).. my mind was often so tuned into the actions that when I came out of it I literally had to take a second.. step back.. and say holy shit that was intense..it's a mind fuck playing against some of you guys because it's not just click and shoot but you often think about one another's actions without ever seeing the other person.. rather you're in a "feel out" process until you figure out patterns and play systematically.. I don't really get like that with any other game.. I can still view myself objectively playing a video game from the outside and have an emotional disconnect when it comes to other games.. but I always felt competitive playing this, and playing some of you guys brought that out in me as well...

It's funny.. I would go away for a while to tell myself I'm going to stop playing.. only to come back and start again and get hooked for a few more months after a single explosive game..

I'll still post here off and on as I have been doing.. I know a lot of players stepped away from the game without ever saying anything to the other players about it and disappeared..however, I think that would be a disservice on my part.

Fantastic 13 year stretch!

You'll be missed Tal. Be safe in your ventures! and if need be, we can both play with 100pings at some Euro or Brazilian servers, or other part of the globe !!!
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Always been fun playing with you dude, you've always been a top player in CA, and i'll miss the good 1v1's we've had. Hope fate brings you back to the game in the future

Good luck!

Comment

GGS Tal, quake makes my armpits sweat. And my body doesn't move, so it's intense concentration. A great 'high'

Take care, man.
        Originally posted by Magnus
        Apology accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
          Just wanted to let you guys know I'm moving overseas, so unfortunately I can't do my random yearly drop bys any more!
          Enjoy living overseas. Thanks for all the stuff you've done.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

GG Ramp, enjoyed your mentoring, friendship, and playing with you all these years. Good luck in the future, if you put half the effort in real life as you have in Quake you shall win.
            peace.
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

We will miss you Tal ,Q1 will never be the same
              And neither will Hong Kong!
              GG
              WARNING
              May be too intense for some viewers.
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
              ---------------------------
              .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
                We will miss you Tal ,Q1 will never be the same
                And neither will Hong Kong!
                GG
                Hong Kong? Pfft, don't they have like the fastest net connections in the world now days?
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hong Kong? Damn. Hong Kong is #1 on the list of places I want to go and have never been.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Gg's ramp enjoy life as it comes, we can be kids forever but we will grow old and move on with life.

Comment

rock on ramp GG's.. and remember exits only lead to different levels.

Comment

GG Tal, enjoy your new life.

We'll miss you bro!
                        QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

peace out ramp glad to hear youre getting out of the stinkfest that is the T.O.

Comment

Tal, you'll be missed, but moving away isn't goodbye, so keep in touch and be safe .

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

I just got into hk last night it's nuts here.. Sunday is crazy busy like ant city people just bumping into one another

Comment

Working...
                              X