Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you Tal, take care.
    SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
    THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
    sigpic

Comment

damn Taliban finally got caught and deported. want me to buy your freedom?

Comment

Sorry to see you go man, thanks for all your help to myself and others.....good luck wherever you go! I'll be waiting for ya when you need a fix!
        EzJacK

Comment

gg tramp.. uh ramp
          i vote you in the quake hall-of-fame

Comment

I would 2nd
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
              I just got into hk last night it's nuts here.. Sunday is crazy busy like ant city people just bumping into one another
              Wish I could have seen that night skyline on the way in !
              Hope to hear from you.Hows the food?
              WARNING
              May be too intense for some viewers.
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
              ---------------------------
              .--------------------------

Comment

Take some pictures for us Tal!!!
                WARNING
                May be too intense for some viewers.
                Stress Relief Device
                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                ---------------------------
                .--------------------------

Comment

Noez! ;;-;;

I just started playing! I don't even know you yet!
                  God be with you Ireland...

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                    Just wanted to let you guys know I'm moving overseas, so unfortunately I can't do my random yearly drop bys any more!

Baker, good luck with the new engine, and I think the socialization system you set in place is amazing. I would also add a forced 5 map rotation on CAX/DM that is my dying wish for NetQuake for whoever is left playing! I wish you were able to come out with this 5 years ago when we still had a "peak" in player totals.

Game seems nearly dead.. so I hope this helps bring it back a bit (or maybe in a bigway).. I've never played a video game for as long as I did Quake, started back in 1998, and it's been a lot of fun playing against all you guys from vis to spoon to wolv to CD to sting to goblin to everyone else.. to all the clan wars...the scrimmages.. the tournaments..the leagues.. there is a lot of nostalgia that's for sure..

This is really the only game where I felt "high" even when I was sober (most of the time).. my mind was often so tuned into the actions that when I came out of it I literally had to take a second.. step back.. and say holy shit that was intense..it's a mind fuck playing against some of you guys because it's not just click and shoot but you often think about one another's actions without ever seeing the other person.. rather you're in a "feel out" process until you figure out patterns and play systematically.. I don't really get like that with any other game.. I can still view myself objectively playing a video game from the outside and have an emotional disconnect when it comes to other games.. but I always felt competitive playing this, and playing some of you guys brought that out in me as well...

It's funny.. I would go away for a while to tell myself I'm going to stop playing.. only to come back and start again and get hooked for a few more months after a single explosive game..

I'll still post here off and on as I have been doing.. I know a lot of players stepped away from the game without ever saying anything to the other players about it and disappeared..however, I think that would be a disservice on my part.

Fantastic 13 year stretch!
                    If you ever come back, feel free to drop me a notice. I'll come out of my single player hole

Comment

Way to bring this back in 2018 Sting!

That was some weird sync-timing.. I haven't checked this website in years, and I just happened to think maybe I should pop in and check what's up

I got 2 daughters now and running my company, the likelihood of me ever coming back is nil brother..! I went back to Canada in August to visit my mom and I got a chance to play a bit.. and honestly the passion just wasn't there anymore. I'm just at a different spot mentally in life now, I told this to Lun over Facebook but I had a feeling like I was 'chasing the dragon' sort of speak.. trying to rekindle something I had in my youth; and there is probably some twisted part in the back of subconscious that secretly still wishes to be some teenager pro-gamer like these twitch kids.

If I do visit Canada it'll likely be with my wife and girls this time, so I wouldn't even get a chance to play even if I wanted unless they're all asleep..

What single player games you playing? I've been playing Witcher 3 some again lately.. stopped for a couple of years but I picked it back up because it's so expansive and I hadn't fully explored it yet, plus it's nice to be able to pause when I need to, that's one of the things I dislike about getting back into multiplayer, the inability to just put the damn thing down when I need to emergency walk away for a bit.

I'm assuming you found this post by lurking some of my old posts.. boy I was lurking yours just now for a goof and saw some old threads/posts I was involved in where I was clearly big-headed and trying to 'humble-brag'. It's really cringe, I do wish I could take some of that stuff back but it's etched in time, I could delete it as a mod but it would be massively disingenuous, and no one cares that much to go back and read any of that tripe any way.

I guess it's a nice learning lesson for me to see how far I've come, but I was in my early - mid 20's then (some posts are over a decade ago in 07-2008, so I would've been 22-23 at the time). You don't realize how much of a child you still are at that point, and the internet has a weird way of framing this captured time bubble that isn't available through any other medium, it allows you to instantly peer into how you used to be, a good tool for gauging yourself.

I was hanging out in the Discord with these guys for a while, if you ever decide you wanna chat there just give me a shout / pm here. I deleted my account on there a while back but I'd gladly put it back to chat shit once in a while with you.. I got some other guys on Facebook like Visine, Spoon, Mindz to name a few. So if you wanna hit me up there instead that's cool too just shoot me a PM with your name and I'll add you and we can chat

Cheers

Comment

Tal has two daughters. Wow. Life comes at ya fast boys!
                        Steam: chronage

Comment

does anyone still play phocus here hallo

Comment

Originally posted by vhurdish View Post
                            does anyone still play phocus here hallo
                            I haven't played in a good year or so. The only server ever active anymore is quake.shmack.net:26000

Comment

what the heck we all got up and got more "normal" lives it seems

I think this calls for some quake at some point
                              twitch
                              wew lad

Comment

Good to see you back OMK. There are still some of us that play and I guess I'm not much competition these days but if you want a friendly game of FFA, DM, RQ or coop let me know.

Kind regards
                                Monty
                                Mr.Burns
                                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                                WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                                Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
                                X