DarkPlaces + CROSSFIREX !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    5770's , they are identical asus versions. that would make sense because two 5770's = one 5870. so I would presume a 6850 would blow both my 5770s out of the water. two 6850's would rock something ferocious.

I also run dual desktops, which I have noticed whenever its just me and if I disable the 2nd desktop, and run with only 1 monitor that I can get another boost in peformance.
    i thought a 6850 is equivalent to 2 5770.
    i will have to try this when i get home on my 6970s soon to be 7990s...
    stupid amd! hurry up and release them already!

Comment

There is a definate boost in performance when you thoroughly stress your system with all the snazzy updates..... My Darkplaces install folder is 2.3gb , mostly content, and a handful of archives that are neglible in size.

I recommend anyone who likes using darkplaces to consider dual gpu, its a quick answer to better performance. I can only vouch for scaling on my setup, it would be nice if some other people with dual gpu setups would provide scaling feedback for their respective hardware. (hint hint javi)
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

For Bluntz

These SS's are with max'd out everything, RealTime everything turned on, Epsilon. Note that I'm rendering at much higher resolutions than I was previously with 5770 Crossfire configuration,im also not using SMC so I didn't take the SS @ start map. My original DP install/config is gone so I can't match the setup in the SS's, sorry.

This is the RL SS with Lighting on FULL instead of HIGH,as you can tell one 7970 > 5770crossfire no matter how you look at it.

Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-30-2013, 03:24 PM. Reason: 4 Bluntz
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

What
          Resolution are you testing with?

Also your old setup had far better Lighting.
          Last edited by bluntz; 06-01-2013, 09:38 PM.
          WARNING
          May be too intense for some viewers.
          Stress Relief Device
          ....BANG HEAD HERE....
          ---------------------------
          .--------------------------

Comment

1920x1080 , everything max'd out including the realtime riff raff.

Thanks to turtlevan, I can push 2720x1530 with downsampling and still get okay frames per second, at least for RQuake Coop

Comment

... or you could disable the POM and just run maxed out on a single GPU

Comment

parallax offset mapping is what made it look good. I noticed its missing ENTIRELY. I will concur with Bluntz, my older DP look better lol.

I don't need to turn anything off to run Darkplaces full graphics / full speed. Can't speak for other 7xxx series gpu's but the 7970 eats DP for breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                X