X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBCAx: Invasion of the Mole People

FBCAx: Invasion of the Mole People

Download: FBCAx aka "Invasion of the Mole People" EZ Installer 3.2 MB

This is a modified FBCA 0.92 KT package for regular Quake. This install will run and was tested on JoeQuake, QRack, DarkPlaces, FitzQuake and ProQuake.

This is different from the norm! WinQuake-style clients get the replacement models and graphics too. All of these weapon models even appear in, say, Win ProQuake.

The mole people invaded DM6 and you have to give them a beatdown! They stole your axe too, all you have is a soda can (that Sajt made once upon a time, btw)

The real conveniences are some of the hardwired features, pressing INS adds a bot, pressing DEL removes a bot, PGUP switches to the next supported map, PGDN switches to the prior supported map.

All the 10 or 11 supported maps are installed.

Yeah these are Win ProQuake screenshots (below)!

And, for once, pressing F1 for help in Quake isn't useless. Press F1 in-game and it will tell you the keys.

And, yeah, this all looks hideous, but it makes it fun. But if you want everything to look normal, just open up c:\quake\fbcax folder and delete the folder named progs --- then all the hideous stuff vanishes and everything looks like normal Quake.

The timer runs for 5 minutes. I can often rack up 70+ kills in those 5 minutes. Sometimes I can do 90+.

--

This is a modified edition of the FBCA package by Parboil, but made a lot more user friendly with some added fun. Parboil's page is http://parboil.quakeworld.ru but it's in Russian, although there is some English too.
    Last edited by Baker; 06-05-2006, 11:14 PM. Reason: Updated download link!
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

These mole people need a beatdown. I am getting this mod!

I have 2 questions.

1. When you said supported maps, will it work under unsupported maps?

2. What happens after the timer runs out? Can you increase the timer for longer play sessions?

Thanks.

Comment

Great stuff Baker, A+

I'm thinking FBCAX server, is this possible?
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Paradise View Post
        1. When you said supported maps, will it work under unsupported maps?
        No. Just the supported ones.

2. What happens after the timer runs out? Can you increase the timer for longer play sessions?
        You can do timelimit 10 or timelimit 20 or whatever you want.

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Great stuff Baker, A+

I'm thinking FBCAX server, is this possible?
        I doubt it would work well without great modification. Just a guess. Most offline/lan mods aren't well suited for running on a server (don't have vote-options or convenience stuff).

/Very old thread
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
        X