quake monster tourny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quake monster tourny

i have recently come across this. quake world player quake-phil is doing a tourney in which monsters compete. it isnt finished yet but is has been very interesting so far. check out some of the first vids:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2GELZtJycc&feature=relmfu]Quake Monster Tournament - Introduction - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DCQcL88M7Q&feature=plcp]Quake Monster Tournament - Knight vs Enforcer - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSQdDyVqPBo&feature=plcp]Quake Monster Tournament - Ogre vs Rottweiler - YouTube[/ame]
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Odds of ROTFISH winning = ONE in ONE QUINTILLION

Predicted winner : Shambler / none of them have a NAIL attack,and whoever attacks the Shambler FIRST had best hope others do so as well because im pretty sure he has the lasting power with...

-Ranged Auto Aim LG attack
    -Brutal Melee Attacks
    -Awesome Health Status

My predicted runner up : VORE !

Homing Attacks that explode,and will probably own any enemy SHORT of the Shambler and his ablilty to shake off RL attacks easily.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

i dunno the fiend can do some serious damage fast once he gets up close and starts slashing away with his fn scythe hands...might be a close one but shamby just has too much HP. vore shoots balls to slowly to be a real threat even if they home in on target

Comment

After looking at Fiend - QuakeWiki , WOW the Fiend could kill the SHAMBLER in fn ONE "Leaping slash attack".

-Fiend 300 Health-
        Attack Damage
        Jump (41-600+)
        Claw (11-17)

-Shambler 600 Health-
        Attack Damage
        Lightning Beam (10 per hit)
        Single Claw (1-60)
        Both Claws (1-120)
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Pretty cool vids.. shambler owns all though

Comment

A Vore only has an explosive attack even at point blank, so Vores versus other monster its attack hurts itself too typically unless a vore can't get near other monster.

Fiend falling on head = death as far as I know, kind of works like a continuous attack.

That Wikia is wrong. Fiend damage is 40-50 (40 + random * 10, QuakeC's "random" returns a value between 0.0 and 1.0).
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Well thats the only source of information I could find

ha ha

Comment

first vid said all monsters will be given same h so its anyones game....can you say autoaim ogres?

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
                  first vid said all monsters will be given same h so its anyones game....can you say autoaim ogres?
                  hehe, gots to set that sv_aim to 1, you cheating ogre!
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Those videos were awesome... It was kinda like watching a Mortal Kombat showdown - only better. *Sigh* If only Mortal Kombat could have Shamblers, knights, and fiends. *Sigh*
                    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Hey,

Will make a following soon about this but where can we find more... these fights were so nice... I want more and more and more and... please!

P.S.
                      Just have sent a PM to the author... quakephil!
                      Last edited by Mom; 04-27-2013, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Just to bring up a couple points... In vanilla quake, Shamblers take half damage from all explosives, and the Rottweiler is capable of the bugged leap attack like the fiend.

Comment

Working...
                        X