100% FREE Full Multiplayer Quake 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% FREE Full Multiplayer Quake 2013

Creating three lists here.... OK, Maybe OK,and Not OK. For the sake of completion, and unknowns,I'm including the single player aspects until we can get an idea of the scope of a pure multiplayer replacement -vs- an all-encompassing Q1 replacement

The 'OK' List
    -MAP DESIGNS (Thank you Romero <3)
    -Current Engines
    -WEAPONS (Last time I checked, Id Software doesnt own the right to "shotguns and rocketlaunchers",although original REMAKES are out according to GoldenBoy,replacements that have zero-likeness of originals would be okay)
    The 'Maybe OK' list

-Sounds according to someone (I forget who now), when I was hearing fn Quake noises in TV shows and made a post about it,someone told me that those sounds will pop up ANYWHERE ,due to they are apart of a huge-ass-expensive-as-fuck sound library , so two routes are optionable. Original sounds / need to buy that hella expensive damn sound-library!
    The other option would be abandon all the original sounds and replace with GPL/readily availible to use sounds,which isn't great idea but it sure as shit will be cheaper!
    The 'Not OK' list

-Textures (Originals and their remakes are not acceptable)
    -Skins for enemies(There is a shady-grey area that would be example,FRAGGERS/others custom skins. some of these looks NOTHING like the originals and would to me,be 100% okay?)
    -Models (Originals and their remakes are not acceptable...)
    -Nine Inch Nails logo on every Nail Ammo Box! Could easily be reversed like this ЙІN,MINUS THAT SQUIGGLE ABOVE Й.

This 1st post will be adjusted and edited as progress occurs (or if progress occurs)..... I included the single player section of Skins for Enemies because,facing facts, having a flawless and faultless "multiplayer Q1 full/free download" is almost near impossible, due to 95% of the Q1 servers all utilize the episode 1 through 4 maps (Shmack being the most notable example). The only way to entirely isolate ourself from SP would be to not allow COOP type connections / not allow it to connect to servers that have the monsters in it.It would be a tight rope act vanquishing the SinglePlayer/Multiplayer ties that bind them together.....

ps : to the Quaker whos been nagging me about doing this, sorry it took an extra day. I had to really stop and give thought to the entire idea, as opposed to making a post that says "How can I make Quake 100% free for download" ,as that shits been done too many times and it always goes no where, and I am keen to avoid the same shit different day syndrome

I am positive I am forgetting stuff.... but before I hit post and submit etc, after thinking about the single-player aspect with all new assets, doesn't seem like it would work(this is what GB mentioned in the other post,we can't just tweak stuff here&there (end up with entirely different assets BUT the exact same game,can we?) . Also, the name couldn't be Quake,although it probably could be Kwake/Qw8k/or some type of variant that is pronounced the same way would seem doable. iD Software doesnt own the right to special font-characters like ,example what about Ɋɥȧķę ?
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 12-12-2012, 11:48 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Ɋɥȧķę
    Probably falls under the too similar/remake category. Just guessing.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Sounds like OpenArena (Free Q3).

Comment

Very interesting...

Hi Mindz!

It's funny because I'm on 2 fronts about the "free q1"... the one that you replace like you said above and the one that you update for 2013 (I'll explain after).

By mistake you made my "dream" come true with your post because I was curious to understand more about the problems with copyrights / gpl / etc. stuff. I will follow this and couple of other people are aware of the "possibilities" too...

I said "by mistake" because our discussion Yesterday about a free Q1 was not exactly that long long way you are taking (but I like to have options so...). It was more to ask and think of a new "shareware" which is updated for 2013 vs 1996.

Think about it... take just the maps/mods that were made and are now available for free to play... when they did the shareware in 1996 (which was greeat btw) they never expected what would happen.

If I was ID & partners I'd rethink the shareware to let people play the Episode 1 + try multiplayer + anything else they want for 30 days...

THAT'S A REAL 2013 PROMOTION THAT COULD ONLY BRING MORE SALES/PEOPLE TO PLAY THE CLASSIC Q1

P.S.

Thanks Mindz for your time and help about this... why don't we make a petition or make pression on ID & partners to understand it's in the interest of all parties... OR/AND pursue with the idea to replace in the case they won't hear

I'd just like Q1 sales to boost too but let's be clear... sales are probably very very low these days... and it's Xmas!!

Comment

And by the way... don't we have some quakeone.com fans there yet hehe!!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
            The 'OK' List
            -MAP DESIGNS (Thank you Romero <3)
            -Current Engines
            -WEAPONS (Last time I checked, Id Software doesnt own the right to "shotguns and rocketlaunchers",although original REMAKES are out according to GoldenBoy,replacements that have zero-likeness of originals would be okay)

The 'Maybe OK' list
            -Sounds according to someone (I forget who now), when I was hearing fn Quake noises in TV shows and made a post about it,someone told me that those sounds will pop up ANYWHERE ,due to they are apart of a huge-ass-expensive-as-fuck sound library , so two routes are optionable. Original sounds / need to buy that hella expensive damn sound-library!
            The other option would be abandon all the original sounds and replace with GPL/readily availible to use sounds,which isn't great idea but it sure as shit will be cheaper!

The 'Not OK' list
            -Textures (Originals and their remakes are not acceptable)
            -Skins for enemies(There is a shady-grey area that would be example,FRAGGERS/others custom skins. some of these looks NOTHING like the originals and would to me,be 100% okay?)
            -Models (Originals and their remakes are not acceptable...)
            -Nine Inch Nails logo on every Nail Ammo Box! Could easily be reversed like this ЙІN,MINUS THAT SQUIGGLE ABOVE Й.
            For textures and 3d models (released to various flavors of GPL) check out: OpenGameArt.org
            Some of their 3d models would fit well in the Quake universe, but most wouldn't. Several texture packs would be a great fit, and in fact, be an improvement.
            I'd advise just removing the NIN logo.

The "New Player Model" & "Monsters Collection" projects by Ruohis & "Ogre" by Tea Monster - are they derivative work? (I thought Tea Monster's was completely original, not sure about Ruohis's).

As far as GPL sounds... I'm thinking of making my own foley collection. If anyone knows of "open source/released to GPL" (that aren't wacky sound effects for cartoons) let me know, I'd be very interested.

-----------EDIT------------
            It looks like OpenGameArt.org has some sound effects available, and a pile of music. I'm still searching through it. I'm hoping for some useful effects.
            Last edited by QuakeRoot; 12-14-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I don't think the "Quake Renaming" would stick. You'd have to call it something else. Like: Seism, Quaver, Smack-Smake-Smote. Something...

Comment

Many great posed questions QuakeRoot!
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeRoot View Post
                  I don't think the "Quake Renaming" would stick. You'd have to call it something else. Like: Seism, Quaver, Smack-Smake-Smote. Something...
                  how about "NeoQuake?"
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Quake anything wont work. Tremor would be a obvious synonym , I like Tremor. I bet cody likes Tremor too, seriously.

Maybe FreeSeismic / FreeTremor

Comment

I like it too

Comment

call it: Quake One 2
                        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                          Many great posed questions QuakeRoot!
                          Eh... yea...
                          None of those were questions. They were statements. Do whatever you want with them. You're asking questions, I am giving input. Hurray for us both.

----EDIT----
                          Okay - sometimes I'm stupid there was a question or two. It's nice if someone answered, if not - they may legalize pot soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X