Bad link on the files page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad link on the files page

I tried to download the first file in the maps section (the pak0.pak file 296mb) of the file downloads page and it sends me to this page... NOTICE. I would like to get this file as it has all the 3-wave maps I'm looking for, I think.

Can this link be fixed? Can I get the file from somewhere else?
    Or is this all a part of the Myan calendar, end of the world thing
    *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
    sigpic

Index of /qrack/q1ctf/files
    the exe file is a autoinstaller of all maps on hdz

i also havesome custom maps at www.quakeone.com/qrack/maps
    Last edited by R00k; 12-22-2012, 11:52 AM.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

easy answer..

download modern client, stop trying to use fucking winquake

lol

maps and everything are so easy to download with google. the "i can't download" thing is getting old....

even my 5 year old nephew can use google...lets go guys
      Rambo[RuM]
      I support:
      Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
      Qrack - Thank You r00k
      Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
      Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Originally posted by rambo View Post
        easy answer..

download modern client, stop trying to use fucking winquake

lol

maps and everything are so easy to download with google. the "i can't download" thing is getting old....

even my 5 year old nephew can use google...lets go guys
        thanks, good answer... that makes me really want to jump right in there and start playing more so I can improve my game play... you're probably the one that told me I was about worthless the other night while playing ctf for the first time in a very long time.

I also thought one of the adminstrators of this site would like to know that one of their links was pointed to this

and I don't use "fucking winquake" thank you very much
        *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
        sigpic

Comment

It points to NOTICE which was shut down a while ago. Because you're getting this image doesn't mean that you do something illegal.

Comment

The US authorities won't release the domain without a hell of a lot of kicking and screaming. ie: never, even if all charges are dropped.
            an admin might as well just prune the dead link.

also, if that's the file I think it is, then I think it claims to contain maps from registered quake, so should probably removed anyway, even if it were still active.
            Last edited by Spike; 12-23-2012, 08:25 AM.
            Some Game Thing

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
              also, if that's the file I think it is, then I think it claims to contain maps from registered quake, so should probably removed anyway, even if it were still active.
              Just had CTF maps, rocket arena maps, etc. Lerster liked all his maps in a pak for some reason. In fact, once upon a time ... before he knew of Pakscape, he would refuse to play a map with a 9 character name because Pak Explorer couldn't handle it.

Originally posted by Spike View Post
              an admin might as well just prune the dead link.
              Forum upgrade will mean that section would have to be rebuilt anyway.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

while were at it may im so tired of trying to download stuff from old sites, and that damn mega upload notice shows up. this is what happens:

im looking for a file. i click the download and get this:

me after seeing this:

My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Does directq have auto download for maps? I got an error the other day while trying to play coop, no clue if it downloads automatically or not.

Comment

Megaupload.com has been gone for many moons now Thats old news.

Kim Dot Com is suppoed to be relaunching Mega though, but he won't be getting back his (or rather,the customers of Megaupload.com) 25PETABYTES of data.

His relaunch was hinted at or someshit. lol,I won't recommend it to anyone though, like I did for MU in the past.
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Dilligaf View Post
                      thanks, good answer... that makes me really want to jump right in there and start playing more so I can improve my game play... you're probably the one that told me I was about worthless the other night while playing ctf for the first time in a very long time.

I also thought one of the adminstrators of this site would like to know that one of their links was pointed to this

and I don't use "fucking winquake" thank you very much
                      Actually I didnt play with you. I havent played in awhile. Im just sick of the whining i cant find map without any effort. Use google. Use a better client. Make sure said client has autodownload turned on and pointed at a correct map repository.

for Qrack in config I use:
                      cl_web_download "1"
                      cl_web_download_url "downloads.quake-1.com/"

First command turns autodownload on, second tells autodownload where to look. I get pissed cause people just post for help right away without any digging, this forum has like millions of answers. Did you truly look before asking?
                      Rambo[RuM]
                      I support:
                      Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                      Qrack - Thank You r00k
                      Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                      Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Working...
                      X