Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New darkplaces and dpmod update

-quoth support.
    -sound() builtin now supports speed control (pitch shifting)
    -q2bsp support
    and many other new features I will play with qc and this updated quake in the next days
    LordHavoc's DarkPlaces Quake Modification
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Nice one. Christmas Edition. I'll try it, too.

getButterfly - WordPress Plugins

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Nahuel!

Do we know if it brought back all the HD graphic possibilities? If it doesn't then this is a bit of a letdown even with the new features.

edit:
      It has the supprt for offsetmapping but it gives me a slideshow on my system with my normal features enabled. I'll stick to my older version for now.

How about anyone else who has tried it??
      Last edited by gdiddy62; 12-25-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
        -quoth support.
        -sound() builtin now supports speed control (pitch shifting)
        -q2bsp support
        and many other new features I will play with qc and this updated quake in the next days
        LordHavoc's DarkPlaces Quake Modification
        Hello Nahuel,

The update list on LH´s page is a summary of the things that happend between the last "stable" build and the new "stable" build.
        They have been introduced in the beta´s and auto´s between them.
        There was a suprisingly quite time between october and december.
        I guess LH and Supa enjoyed their time and relationship together
        Which is a good thing !

The "q2bsp" support is one of the most important things, but things seem to develop differently. It is not the "bsp2" format that recently released maps have. So DP cannot load them.
        The "bsp2"-support topic is still not setteled and hopefully a standard for all engines will be found. At the moment it seems that DP needs to be updated to follow the mappers decision.
        FTE can handle them all (as usual), because Spike is always near and around us. That is a big plus for FTE´s development, while LH is not. Lets see what time will bring...

The dpmod´s update is quite minor. Some odephysics, mapgeneration and an interesting dpextensions_csqc.qc.

@ gdiddy
        Performance-wise this build is quite good. It gives you around 5-10% more fps (using nvidia).
        It doesnt like shaders that needs "r_water" though. Its performance decrease is about similar to the increase described above.
        So, depending on what replacements you use in combination with the maps layout, you will have a slight benefit, loss or it is quite equal to the version you are using (if it is still the august 2011).
        Most important thing for me personal is, that its particle trail code is still unchanged since october 2011. That was the time, where the particle amount is only a 1/10th of the amount it was before.
        And that means the "small mod compilation" trails are almost not visible anymore (shoot grenades or rockets to see it). That needs to be updated in the effectinfo.
        This and the incompatible "q2bsp" support are the reasons for me to not use it. But that is a personaly decision of course.

Comment

q2bsp format support/unsupport is the saddest story of this christmas. :-(
          my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
          Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
          Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
            -q2bsp support
            There is no support for Quake2 BSP at this time.

BSP2 is an invention of the RMQ project - well more accurately 2PSB is an invention of the RMQ project, and BSP2 is my improved version without the map size limits.

BSP2 is produced by hmap2, it can handle maps of any size and almost any complexity (it would be difficult to hit any limits, even theoretical), it has no graphical enhancements or other changes as it was meant to be a drop-in feature for existing Quake engines, merely higher limits.

Comment

Working...
            X