Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shareware Quake has better Enemy Animations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shareware Quake has better Enemy Animations?

I went from the shareware version of quake to the Full winquake, playing both in opengl version. And to me adleast it seems like the animations for the enemys are toned down a little, like their flipbooks compared to a video like in the shareware version, idk maybe i'm crazy idkdidkdiiiddidi

sorry i'm a nooob it was joequake which i'm now using , still don't know how to change the resolution :/

Comment

Originally posted by SawyerTHEBEST View Post
      sorry i'm a nooob it was joequake which i'm now using , still don't know how to change the resolution :/
      JoeQuake was one of the best Quake client 5-6 years ago, but many changes since then.

With JoeQuake to change the resolution, you probably need to add -width 1024 -height 768 to the command line, adjusting the numbers to the resolution you want.

The modern clients --- like the active ones --- you can change resolution in the menu. One example is ProQuake 4: The official continuation of ProQuake

On the homepage here on both the left and right side of the page if you scroll down there are lists of clients on each side of the page, like Qrack, DirectQ, FTEQW, DarkPlaces, etc.

Many choices ...
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Boy were you right, I've gone to quake pro now ^_^ I love that it has a multiplayer menu, also got this clip while using joequake XD idk the graphics mess up alot while I'm playing as well. WARNING its very trippy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shv9eItlSXA]I'VE SEEN SOME SHIT - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Quake by default doesn't have translucent water so you should set r_wateralpha 1 to avoid that.
          IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

or

r_novis 1
            r_wateralpha .3

you need both for maps with nonvis patched water to look see through-ish.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
              or

r_novis 1
              r_wateralpha .3

you need both for maps with nonvis patched water to look see through-ish.
              I did something funny with Engine X, it supports external .vis files and has all the .vis files for every id1 Quake map in its pak.

So it can't actually have the above problem except on a custom map where the author intentionally didn't want transparent water.

Which in older days the answer was never --- because transparent water was "cool". And the in later days, some of the fancy single player mappers decided they were against transparent water ... so despite this being easy to do, the maps don't support it. Or maybe it really increases vis times and mappers don't want to deal with that?

[External .vis support is somewhat of a pain in the arse ...]

Note: Maybe a little ironic that I bet MH is 3x or 5x more powerful than a couple of years back and still hasn't invented a method for an engine to determine whether or not a map is water-vised.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

also I beat the last level but I don't really know how, I used god mod and shocked the turrent things not really know wtf I was doing then It was done, can somebody explain that to me

Comment

I still use JoeQuake... and not even the latest version either. So... I guess I'm a hipster?

Comment

gl_interpolate_model 0 or 1

Qrack is joeQuake v.13 +8 years

http://quakeone.com/qrack/
                    Last edited by R00k; 12-28-2012, 11:51 PM.
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                    X