Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's share our Quake addons with each other!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's share our Quake addons with each other!!

Hi everyone at quakeone! I'm collecting Quake addon CD's for several years already. There are still some CD images I haven't been able to find till now. So if anyone could provide me with those, I'd be very glad Here's the list of Quake (I-II) related CD images I have. If you don't have any of those I have, you're welcome to request it from me. Not the original games, of course (but you definitely already have them anyway!).

Have:
    Quake I

WinQuake 1.09 [bin/cue]
    MP1 SoA [ccd]
    MP2 DoE [ccd]
    MP Double Pack [bin/cue]
    Malice [ccd]
    Shrak 2.0 [ccd]
    X-Men ROA [ccd]
    Abyss of Pandemonium [bin/cue]
    Q!Zone for Quake [iso]
    Aftershock [ccd]
    Aftershock Toolbox [ccd]
    Aftershock Deluxe [rip]
    Tremor [ccd]
    PC Zone March 1997 [iso]
    PC Gamer October 1997 [iso]
    Level Master V [mds/mdf]
    Dark Hour [ccd]
    Eternal Darkness [rip]
    Q2 for Quake [rip]
    Q...Das Nachbeben [rip]
    Superdead [rip]
    Quake It [rip]
    Quake 'em [mds/mdf]
    Deathmatch Maker [ccd]

Quake II

Quake II 3.20 [ccd]
    The Reconing [ccd]
    Ground Zero [ccd]
    Netpack Extremities [ccd]
    Juggernaut [ccd]
    Zaero [ccd]
    Toolkit for Quake II [ccd]
    Deathmatch Maker II [mds/mdf]
    Total Destruction [bin/cue]
    Complete Gamer for Quake II (addon)[iso]
    Q2 Chaos [installer]
    Oblivion [installer]
    Dawn of Darkness 1.2 [rip]
    Unseen [rip]

Those that are marked [rip] MAY actually BE full versions, BUT I'm not sure, and most probably they're not.

Looking For:

Quake I

Aftershock Deluxe
    Toolkit for Quake (1st and 2nd editions)
    Q!Zone for Quake (although I have the iso, ccd would be better, since, again, I don't know if this one's full or not...)
    Eternal Darkness
    Q2 for Quake
    Q...Das Nachbeben
    Superdead (I don't know the origin of this one)
    Quake It
    PC Zone Cover CD "Complete Quake" Xmas 1997
    Power tools for Quake
    The Q Files
    Superdead
    Time of Reckoning
    Ultra Level Addon
    Universe of Levels
    Chartbusters 10
    Earth Quake
    Power tools for Quake
    GameMania for Quake #1

Quake II

Complete Gamer for Quake II
    Q2 Hard
    Quad Damage
    StrategyMaster for Quake II
    Total Conversions for Quake 2

If someone can has one of these and is willing to share with me, I'd be very thankful!

I've found out about some of these CD's from this German website. You may also view the Google translated version

P.S. I don't know if this is legal, but most of these are unofficial CD's that were released more than 10 years ago, so I assume they're abandonware now, and sharing should be totally legal.

P.P.S. I wanted to include all screenshots in the same order listed above, but because of the limit I've included only these. All other Front-only scans are available here
    Last edited by hgdagon; 03-27-2013, 10:12 AM.
    MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

I lol'd @ seeing the Doom guy, Quake guy, and Duke all lined up like some comical three stooges of death. Good game!
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

@Mindf!3ldzX Yeah, I like that cover too!!
      MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

Why are there 2 other copies of this thread?

Anyways, those CD covers look kind of cool.

Is there some way to download them somewhere? I mean I know they were originally released to be sold but can the be found somewhere? Or have they become freeware?

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore_gamer View Post
          Why are there 2 other copies of this thread?

Anyways, those CD covers look kind of cool.

Is there some way to download them somewhere? I mean I know they were originally released to be sold but can the be found somewhere? Or have they become freeware?
          Well I may provide some links for those I have.... Look in the first post for a list of those I have

Comment

I have no idea why there are 2 copies, the other one I just checked, is empty. Can I delete it or should the admins do that?

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore_gamer View Post
              have they become freeware?
              Most of the companies that released these CDs don't exist anymore. Anyway, as for 2013 they're not being sold anywhere (to my knowledge). All the CDs I have, I have downloaded. All downloaded from trusted sources (except for rips). As far as I remember it's 3dsl, FPS Legends, UG, and quaddicted. Covers are mostly my own searches....

Comment

cooooool!

Comment

You list "Malice" in there which I'm pretty sure is neither "abandonware", nor "legal to download". It was developed by Ratloop, they still exist.
                  Just because something isn't sold anymore doesn't make it legal to just go ahead and download it.

Anyway, I started collecting these in original form and I own the possibly worst addon-CD ever: "Quakestar" from 1996.
                  It says on the back cover that it contains new levels, new monsters and editors. Which isn't true, all it contains are 25 megs of uncompressed maps. No editors, nothing.

And the biggest joke is that in the readme file it states that the company who made it couldn't provide any kind of interface or menu for installing the maps, because - and that is the reason they give... I still can't believe it... because *takes breath* providing a menu system would be such a complicated algorythm, that it would destroy the levels....

Here's the original quote from the readme (complete with typos intact):
                  HINWEIS
                  =======

Leider konnte bei dieser CD-ROM kein bergreifendes Menssystem
                  gestaltet werden, da dies sonst durch eine kompliziertes Algo-
                  rythmussystem die Levels zerst”ren wrde. Folgen Sie deshalb der
                  folgenden Anleitung zur Levelinstallation.
                  Attached Files
                  The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.
                  - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Hi

Hgdagon I just want to let you know here at quakeone.com people get crazy very quick about "illegal" downloads/stuff.

I just want to prevent you you can get very disapointed while your intentions are very noble.

Comment

There seems to misunderstanding about my intentions, so I'll make it as clear as I can.
                      I said I will not share averything listed!!!! I'm pretty sure that mostly everyone has malice, official mission packs, etc. Unofficial mission packs (aftershock, dark hour, pc zone cover cd, etc.) and rarities (Deathmatch maker, Toolit for Quake II, etc.) are the ones I mean by "willing to share" E.G. I listed the original WinQuake and Quake II 3,20, but it doesn't mean I intend to provide links those. I don't think there's any point sharing the originals, 'cause who would visit a forum about quake if he doesn't have the game?
                      I hope this elliminates all questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkshock View Post
                        providing a menu system would be such a complicated algorythm....
                        Even I can create menu for a Level CD!!!!

Originally posted by Inkshock View Post
                        that it would destroy the levels

Comment

I understood you it's very clear but just be "on your guard" anyway (like right now hehe).

BTW

If I could "share" anything interesting with you I would have... I like your efforts to get these special packages.

Comment

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
                            There seems to misunderstanding about my intentions, so I'll make it as clear as I can.
                            Don't worry about thing until you make someone jealous- THEN your in for some trouble. Then your a target for these kids. You don't need to explain yourself except to mom :-)
                            Now Majority is Shareware and Abandoned anyways! With that said- that's the END of worrying.

Comment

I just recently got the "Quake It" addon CD that hgdagon also lists. Mine says "Volume 1" on the cover - did they ever make other volumes?
                              This one again contains unbelievable ~25 megs of... "things"

I'm pretty sure that mostly everyone has malice, official mission packs, etc.
                              Yes, I got those, and I now own two different versions of Shrak, just because it's such a fantastic game
                              I guess it's US/EU version, I'm not quite sure and I haven't invested any time in looking it up.
                              Attached Files
                              The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.
                              - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Working...
                              X