Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my Quake MOD any good or does it suck monkeyballs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I thought his base doors were weird, but I couldn't put my finger on what was different.

Thank you! And if you would do a boxshot for it then that would be pretty awesome
    It would be rad, man. Get with the program.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Ok guys, I just went a step further and created a whole game manual in PDF format that is suppose to look like a real manual that you would expect to see come with a game. It includes things such as the story and descriptions of the new features.

You can read the manual online here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/149386611/...r-Quake-Manual

The actual file itself will also come with the mod itself once it is finished.

EDIT: There are some spelling errors but those will be fixed.

Also, this mod now uses the Quoth mod for the more monsters and mapping features.

As usual, feedback is always welcome/useful.
      Last edited by hardcore_gamer; 06-22-2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

that's awesome!
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

dude your Manuel makes me want to play the mod! awesome!
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

MORE UPDATES PLEASE! LOOKS AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by F4TaLy w0uNd3d View Post
              MORE UPDATES PLEASE! LOOKS AWESOME!
              Thanks, its really good to see such warm feedback from you people.

Anyways, since the mod now uses the Quoth mod and areas of the level have been heavily changed the original gameplay vidoes I have already posted are completely outdated. Thus I have uploaded a new video that shows what is different now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIp9rUz5W8s&feature=player_embedded]Shroudghoul for Quake-Work in progress3 - YouTube[/ame]

Also, instead of creating each episode at a time I am first going to create the first level of each episode and then post a full let's play of that level. That way I can show off the first level of each episode to give people an idea of what each episode will be like. Afterward I will finish the rest of the episodes/levels in whatever order/way I like. I also want to make it so thate each episodes actually feels and plays differently. I don't want episode 2 for example, to simply be episode 1 with different textures. I have the fallowing in mind:

Episode 1: Fast paced action against mostly human (ITC) enemies. The levels take mostly place in organized looking tech bases with lots of corridors many of whom can be narrow and claustrophobic. Expect a high tech feel to the levels and "logical looking" level design.

Episode 2. Lovecratian looking worlds that don't resemble our own. Level design does not look or feel logical, but rather it comes of as strange and alien. Expect to see strange alien temples and ruins. Also, unlike the first episode the levels them self's in episode 2 can often be your enemey rather then the monsters, so expect a lot of traps.

Episode 3. Kind of a blend between episode 1 and 2 in terms of gameplay style, with their being both considerable amounts of traps and tough enemies. The feel is hellish and nightmarish.

Also, did I mention that I have Keith Marrow's permission to use his music in my mod? If you don't know who the guy is this is his

Keith Merrow - Keith's Website for Metal Music - Downloads

So far I have only downloaded a couple of his tracks (1 of whom is already being used in the first level). Now I understand that
              being an artist is hard, so I will be paying the albums that I will end up using for the mod. I haven't done so yet mind you, since I
              haven't actually fully decided which music I want to use. If you find any cool tracks on his site then feel free to suggest them

Since not everybody might care about new music (and also because there might be some issues getting it to work if you aren't using a source port like darkplaces) there will probably be 2 versions of the mod. Once that has the new music and one that uses the standard Quake music.

Also, I have made some changes to my Qukeblast website to make it easier for those interested in getting updated about the mod. In addition to the site now having a whole page about this mod which you can find here you also now have the ability to subsribe to my site so that you are automatically alerted when there are updates. This will also inform you when new reviews for other peoples mods/levels are released by the way.

Also, the manual has been updated so it now has a front cover and the spelling errors have been fixed.
              Last edited by hardcore_gamer; 06-22-2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

everything is looking better and better all the time with your mod. i like that you are going to put in your own sound track even if its not NIN. if you rename the tracks to the same names as in quake i would THINK they would work with any engine.

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                  everything is looking better and better all the time with your mod. i like that you are going to put in your own sound track even if its not NIN. if you rename the tracks to the same names as in quake i would THINK they would work with any engine.
                  That is what I thought as well, and yet for some reason that doesn't appear to be the case.

I will admit that I don't fully know how music works right now, but at the moment the only method I know of that gets music to work is to use darkplaces's music folder.

Comment

try folder set up
                    /sound /cdtracks
                    you will need to make your map name follow the quake naming method e1m1.

but useing quoth may mess that all up too. i dont know what sound it is calling for in that qc. as far as i have read the qc for quoth is not released. some one prove me wrong i would love to see it

my sound track is in ogg format that may help to but i know darkplaces will work with mp3 too.

i liked the lighting on the sides of the rooms too very sifi. make sure you use that black flying monster in e2 he is a cool one i can't recall his name

Comment

Working...
                    X