Originally posted by Players Signed Up

R00k
    Rampage
    Q. Mark [0!0]
    Wicked_Lord
    Badaim
    Monoxide
    Mindzykins
    I want to start holding weekly Clan Arena mini-tourneys, that happen all in one night & follow the 2v2 best of 3 format , with double elimination Losers and Winners brackets.

4 teams mini example as follows.... Teams A,B,C and D are tossed into hat.

First two teams drawn fight best 2 out of 3 - > Victor goes to Winner Bracker , Loser -> Loser Bracket.

Second two teams drawn fight best 2 out of 3 -> Victor 2 Winner Bracket , Loser 2 the Loser Bracket!

After all teams have played their initial "Bracket Determining" best 2 of 3 games , the Winners bracket only faces the other Winners, the Losers bracket only faces the other Losers bracket. You then have the Underdog scenario in the Losers bracket, !!!BUT!!! the best of both Brackets will only progress so in THEORY, you should have AAA quality last/final rounds of the tournament. Best of each bracket meets in a final test of GRAPES.

I would like to invest effort into this (setting up my own neuromaniak DMTG bracket tourney site,or aggrivating Visine/Avalanche to help me reset my password on the old tournament website so I can use that one again....

I have excessive desire/will power to make all the arrangements and investments in getting these prepped, finding people who want to be official's who over see the games etc (This avoids needing fn Screenshots of each game,which is tedious as fuck,and in some cases when we didn't have officials, the teams had enough respect for each other to be just like ' ya,they won' etc etc.

I could probably even convince Visine/Avalanche to toss Rage 26001 & 26002 up for holding the matches.

Anyone interested in some friendly 2v2 CA tourneys? Obviously, I've typed all this stuff out,so yeah. Enthusiasm for this on MY END runs far and wide. If you don't want to signup at the old tourney site to see previous winners, here they are...

Originally posted by CAx 2on2 Weekly Winners
    1/14/2007 Winners: Exalt and Novmode
    2/11/2007 Winners: St00p and Frenzy
    2/18/2007 Winners: Bryant and Frenzy
    2/25/2007 Winners: Mindzx and Souless
    3/11/2007 Winners: Mindzx and Souless
    3/30/2007 Winners: JohnRocker and Frenzy
    4/23/2007 Winners: Frenzy and Krix
    5/06/2007 Winners: Taxi and AnalBlast
    5/13/2007 Winners: Taxi and Swiss
    Also , I'd like the first tournament to be held within the same time frame that Rampage will be visiting the USA ,which is this month.

If no one shows interest in this then I'll abandonship on this idea,and I'll start chasing down some form of 1v1 competition in CA.

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX
    I AM e, ARE YOU e ??????
    ps : kimps welcome to play so long as he is actually trying & no one mindz him playing...... I won't let my personal distaste and disdain for kimp determine whether or not he can play.I however WILL shut him out if like,say,3 or 4 people are like awwww helllllll naw, about the prospect of kimp playing.
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 04-20-2013, 04:19 PM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

im onboard.

there are no foreseen cax updates so this is a perfect time ...
    Last edited by R00k; 04-19-2013, 09:31 AM.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

ill be rusty as hell but i would love to be in a tourny.
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

I would but probably can't schedule to be there.

I'd like to have demos of the 1st mini tourney to make a video... please do so will talk about it later.

Hope you have people but I'm pretty sure you will have at least 8-12 players.

GL bra!

Comment

Ill play. I can also offer stats and servers if necessary.
            Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Cool. Glad to see there's interest. Mono, I downloaded some hella new versions of dmtg-php 2.8 + 2.8 update, although im suspicious about this because... there must be a reason everyone was using 1.4 instead of 2.8? Maybe 1.4 was the only free one and the newer versions required purchasing a license ??? I have no clue haha....

I message'd Avalanche about the Welcome to NetQuake 2v2 CA Tournament website and he helped me resurrect my password. I have no clue what I was thinking when I used the password I did, but one thing was clear : Had the fokn munchies bro.... hahahaha.

So long as servers are like cax.crctf (Dallas,TX (for the longest time,this was just RAGE has to be the best 'Smack Dab middle of 95% of community locations with rare exception) ,so if teams can't agree on which CAx server to use the default location becomes RAGE. and if you (Mono) serves up some ports so that multiple instances of tourney matches can be handled simultaneously, with ports 26000/26001/26002 at both RAGE / CRCTF Dallas servers we could seriously cut the time frames that the games of the past took to complete !!!

Sweet.

edited in the 'Sweet, Extended Version'

Originally posted by EULA for DMTG-PHP 2.8
              This program is free to use, along with it's source code, on the following conditions:

*) No program made from this source code can be used for profit.
              *) Any program made from this source code, must have it's source code freely available.
              *) If you use it's source code in any way, credit must be given where it's due.
              *) At least one comment, bug report, or suggestion must be sent back as feedback.

This program is feedback-ware... you can have it for free, and it's source code, pass it on however you want, modify whatever you want, as long as I get credit for the work I've done, and you email me with your opinions, criticisms, and ideas.

This program has not been extensively tested. Although it has not been designed to cause any harm to your system, it can't be ruled out. I do not accept any responsibilty for anything my program does.
              That takes care of that hah.
              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 04-20-2013, 12:08 AM.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

People that SHOULD knw about this "mini" tourney

Sp00n
                planet9
                amebix
                dys
                glo

tbc

Comment

id play but i cant guarantee time. My new job allows me home nightly but the times vary, i can get home at 6pm or 2am.. it all depends. right now we are busy as crap so being home before midnight is a dream come true.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

More people you should call (hehe)

BA
                      Rev
                      Smokey
                      Polarite
                      Doug
                      Ph03n1x
                      Monkey (BIZ)
                      JBone

tbc

Comment

More people you should expect (for the best or the worst)

Baker
                        Kimp
                        Frenzy
                        Zen My Hero!
                        Muller
                        Rambo
                        Phenom
                        Solecord
                        Bam
                        Zop
                        Gothic Candy
                        Tremor
                        Jackfr05t
                        Bruce
                        Krix
                        Omi
                        W00ds
                        Lust
                        Zer0's
                        AAA
                        TurtleVan
                        Jeg/Peg/Dude/Zop/Raef (Europe)
                        W00lv
                        Diaper
                        Lenny
                        Acid
                        L33t (RIP)
                        Godsend
                        Ed
                        Syluxman
                        Vibe
                        Vintage
                        Yorb
                        PowerZord

Comment

Can we have a "symbolic" prize or some cash for winners hey?!???

Let's give a prize to the winners... 50-100-anything?&??!?

By doing so you might double participation... just a thought hehe!

Comment

Disco how much are you willing to contribute?? Come on put $50 and someone else should back you with another $50 hey?!?

Comment

don't worry guys, I have been working on my pointing and laughing

-SpaZ
                              My Little Computer
                              Intel Core i7 3770K processor 3.5 4 LGA 1155
                              ASUS Deluxe Intel Z77 ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1155 Motherboard P8Z77-V DELUXE
                              Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit
                              Seasonic PLATINUM-1000 ATX 1000 Power Supply
                              Blue-ray DVD burner
                              OCZ-Vertex Solid State ATA Hard Drive 30 gigs
                              Hitachi ATA Hard Drive 1TB
                              Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower
                              Windows 7 Ultimate x64
                              Sony Surround Sound 5.1
                              Cyborg M.M.O.7 Gaming Mouse
                              The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate

Comment

Working...
                              X