Douchebags in this community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Douchebags in this community

Just delete thread. Not sure why I even wasted my time.
    Last edited by omicron; 04-22-2013, 05:25 PM.

While it's sad... if I was you I'd simply spend my time differently! Problem solved. You can't change them, only yourself.

Not trying to be a dick, just stating that I only engage in what I enjoy.
    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Your right ,nothing ever changes. Just like you playing at runequake under the name 'bot' doesn't to a major extent provoke the runequake community into tossing accusations around. Telling them they are "RuneQuake Filth / have been Cleansed" doesn't stir the pot of shit or demoralize other players one bit. You're an ideal model of "Change in the Q1 community?" !

No.....YES,please take offense when I say you're starting to become enlightened on how some of the Q1 community is stuck in 1996-1998 ....

Omicron you've been a colorful character over the years and haven't really changed much haha. Stay the same,stop enlightening yourself. You're a slice of the history of Quake.

Have fun with this post bro, I know you will !

ps : today, I seen you playing under the name bot on the runequake servers, when I re-checked the server status a bit later (30min-1hour?) it was practically ALL but empty, 3-4 players max,down from what I seen was 10+ with you on top raping the runequake server Shmack. Please, cry me a river.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0[/ame]

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. You don't have to say anything, I already know!
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Omi, I think it's premature for you to call out other people on their 'Quake etiquette' when you've been an exemplary role model for being a shitty person online. You've been a troll, you've quit tonnes of matches, you've argued with people endlessly about how much better you are and how bad they are, you've distracted entire games by acting ****y toward all the players, you've joined servers under multiple clients in order to flood the server (in your "younger" years), you've been kicked and banned numerous times, and you think all of a sudden you're some saint for telling people how they should behave?

The problem with this entire picture is that you entirely helped cultivate this type of Quake/DM/elitist type attitude by always being a prick to everyone. That kind of bully energy carries out very easily, especially when weak willed internet users latch onto it.

To truly influence this community, you need just be positive, act nice to people and don't care about their reaction toward you. After a while, that same positive vibe/energy carries throughout, the same way your infectious viral behavior did earlier on prior to coming back recently.

Lastly, I'm glad that you're showing the willingness to be part of a positive movement here, but I hope you heed my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
          Omi, I think it's premature for you to call out other people on their 'Quake etiquette' when you've been an exemplary role model for being a shitty person online. You've been a troll, you've quit tonnes of matches, you've argued with people endlessly about how much better you are and how bad they are, you've distracted entire games by acting ****y toward all the players, you've joined servers under multiple clients in order to flood the server (in your "younger" years), you've been kicked and banned numerous times, and you think all of a sudden you're some saint for telling people how they should behave?

The problem with this entire picture is that you entirely helped cultivate this type of Quake/DM/elitist type attitude by always being a prick to everyone. That kind of bully energy carries out very easily, especially when weak willed internet users latch onto it.

To truly influence this community, you need just be positive, act nice to people and don't care about their reaction toward you. After a while, that same positive vibe/energy carries throughout, the same way your infectious viral behavior did earlier on prior to coming back recently.

Lastly, I'm glad that you're showing the willingness to be part of a positive movement here, but I hope you heed my advice.
          It's like you didn't read what I wrote. I specifically said that I'm not trying to deny the past, nor am I trying to be a good influence of any sort. I also said that I'm not calling out the whole community based on the actions of a couple of people. I called it an observation and that's all it really is. I'm not trying to influence the community toward any positive end. For one because I'm no longer a part of it, partially for these reasons. Two, because I don't think it's possible. I really don't care that much. Just wanted to call it out. Also I find your laundry list of past disputes in poor taste because it has nothing to do with this thread. Even that wouldn't justify that level of childishness. Who seriously says "Yeah! Get out! FU" when someone says bye after quietly playing a game? It's just pathetic and indefensible and you don't need to defend it. Enjoy

Originally posted by damage_inc View Post
          While it's sad... if I was you I'd simply spend my time differently! Problem solved. You can't change them, only yourself.

Not trying to be a dick, just stating that I only engage in what I enjoy.
          You called it dude. It's (partially) why I don't play anymore. It's just so corny, pedestrian and lame to be spending time playing with people who think it's rad to "totally diss" someone who played for a bit and said bye. It just illustrates how pea-brained some of these individuals are and what a waste of time even spending the few minutes to type this is.
          Last edited by omicron; 04-21-2013, 09:55 PM.

Comment

If you think you're the only one who feels this way about that type of behavior, please refer to my post here prior to you writing this thread:

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...tml#post132035

Now you see that you aren't alone on this topic.. however.. I was calling you out for being a hypocrite on it, but your complaints are rightly justified.

Comment

...nor am I trying to be a good influence of any sort
              That made me laugh.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

When you accept the FACT that not everyone you "meet" you are going to get along with, it's much simpler. If people treated their online persona and interactions with others similar to REAL life well... the interwebs would be a much cooler place. In theory.

Also, given that such anonymity disallows normal judgment with whom we associate with, your just asking for trouble! For instance... Quakes an old game but lets say I stumbled into a server with a bunch of "kids"... well, I'm 48 so "we" may have a quite a bit of life "differences" that would make it awkward. I usually "blend" okay but there are times when I just know that the maturity level between me and some younger folks does come into play.

When it's all said and done though, it's just as I mentioned, walk away and do something you enjoy. For both parties sake.
                Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Originally posted by damage_inc View Post
                  When you accept the FACT that not everyone you "meet" you are going to get along with, it's much simpler. If people treated their online persona and interactions with others similar to REAL life well... the interwebs would be a much cooler place. In theory.

Also, given that such anonymity disallows normal judgment with whom we associate with, your just asking for trouble! For instance... Quakes an old game but lets say I stumbled into a server with a bunch of "kids"... well, I'm 48 so "we" may have a quite a bit of life "differences" that would make it awkward. I usually "blend" okay but there are times when I just know that the maturity level between me and some younger folks does come into play.

When it's all said and done though, it's just as I mentioned, walk away and do something you enjoy. For both parties sake.
                  Omicron is crying wolf bro, you're already exhausting way to much here,and SO am I too, why teh fuck am I even here. GG, gonna go watch some fn Ancient Aliens or something

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

*note ; Although if I was expected to decipher what Omicron is feeling right now, is that he is tired of recieving shit for Yesteryear's nonsense. Omi, break your own cycle of what you do. It will be difficult and the results won't be immediate. We show up to play and enjoy this game but the moment you add chat / social communication thats when you immediately begin to fail to be a pleasant addition to the community. Speak kindly or don't speak at all, IF A TEAM MATE ACCIDENTALLY SHOOTS YOU OR GETS IN THE WAY, you can not resort to your same shit different Year attitude.

Getting what you want is entirely possible but staying on track will be your biggest hurdle/problem/enemy/issue/delimma/ETC.

best of luck glass is always half full

Comment

for the love of god, STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!!!
                      My Avatars!
                      Quake Leagues
                      Quake 1.5!!!
                      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                        roflmao... I love that show! Nice progression
                        *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
                        sigpic

Comment

I know, but people like doing that. They probably think just because they are online they can be douchebags all they want; they just say and get awat with it. Things like this happens on XBOX Live, heck even on any other social network like Facebook. But if they do it online, I believe they are afraid to say it in person.

Comment

Time for bed. Ive had enough of this hypomicrite shit..

Comment

wtf is a hypomicrite?
                              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                              X