Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM3, but 1.5x the size (you thought the mound rj was hard before...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM3, but 1.5x the size (you thought the mound rj was hard before...)

I just tried this Today... it was interesting!

http://zop.runecentral.com/150dm3.zip

Source
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mom; 04-30-2013, 04:09 PM.

Ya, the map is fuckin big, Cool idea and interesting.

Comment

it reminded of when i was a kid and i saw the first jumbo sized pinball game that used a white cueball for the pinball
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Only today? That was made a while ago... I didn't do any texture work on it, just a quick and dirty 150% scaling. The mound jump can be made, if I recall, but it's practically impossible.

Comment

god;impulse 255

i did something the same with e1m7 replaced lava with water and scaled * 4

fries peeps in water when the polls are down.
          but impossibly scaled to invalidate gameplay. but it is fun to be a pea rolling on the floor....
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

@ zop

Hi Zop... Ya "only Today" I meant... shame on me

But if I remember I did the RJ from mound without any problem and I was surprised!!

Zop it feels the Pent location is not *1.5 but I must be wrong!!

Also I think (by memory) I PM you to make a demo of the mod you did... "Future VS Fantasy" if I remember... where is the server again... and zop.runequake.com is for what??

@ r00k

What you did what I wanted you to do for years... e1m7 with water and you did * 4 that must be cool!!!

I just hope the water is deep a little to have some sort of fight like with dm3 but it will be ok anyway.

Where the fok is the fokin map foker... please hehe!
            Last edited by Mom; 04-24-2013, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zop View Post
              Only today? That was made a while ago... I didn't do any texture work on it, just a quick and dirty 150% scaling. The mound jump can be made, if I recall, but it's practically impossible.
              Nothing's impossible...

Comment

is this map going to be put on a server?
                My Avatars!
                Quake Leagues
                Quake 1.5!!!
                Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                  is this map going to be put on a server?
                  Ir really should be located on a server + availible for auto-download from the respositories.

Also, can has update 2 RAGE
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I say impossible just to talk it up and make it feel like a real achievement when done. You should be thanking me!

Let me fix up the textures before it goes live (if it even will), and change that water texture... yeesh!

Comment

I say impossible just to talk it up and make it feel like a real achievement when done. You should be thanking me!

Let me fix up the textures before it goes live (if it even will), and change that water texture... yeesh!
                      awaiting you
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I fixed the glaring texture problems. There are some things that can be improved, but are not too obvious. I could really spend hours trying to fight all the textures to square up, look great, etc... but I doubt it's worth the effort.

I would like a second pair of eyes on it before it goes live, but here it is: zip link.

Comment

it looks all good!!

I fixed the glaring texture problems. There are some things that can be improved, but are not too obvious. I could really spend hours trying to fight all the textures to square up, look great, etc... but I doubt it's worth the effort.

I would like a second pair of eyes on it before it goes live, but here it is: zip link.

Comment

This is now running on CAX.QUAKEITUP.COM !! warp menu 11, option 2

Comment

I can make this jump with ease on this map, however the real toughie is the bottom lift ledge outside RJ to pent window.

That one is (SEEMING) doable but only if timing is 100%, 1 rocket jump though. Not a dually !

edit : definately doable, cuz its done!
                              edit2: Zop did this , Thanks to Mark the Mom

Comment

Working...
                              X