(DirectQ)Mission Pack One: Ancient Realms Glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (DirectQ)Mission Pack One: Ancient Realms Glitch

When I began Scourge of Armagon on the DirectQuake engine, all went well up until HIP2M1 - Ancient Realms.

When I reached the large, cylinder-shaped chamber containing the blue key, Knights, and a Shambler, I noticed I was being pulled into the ground, unable to move. After getting pulled about waist-height into the floor, I receive falling damage and get pushed back out, only to get sucked in again and again until I die.

This happens on both floors of the chamber. It doesn't affect monsters, and it doesn't happen in the rooms nearby. Has anybody seen this before?

It's been mentioned that using higher than 72 fps can cause weird anomalies in the game. MH I think corrected this by chance or purpose, on a feature request I had awhile back, which was if you push DirectQ to its maximum performance capabilities you also introduced lag, something about how often Quake client updates are sent to the server.

I would suggest trying host rate and maxfps of 72 and see if this resolves the issue.
    I hope this resolves your issue but im reluctant to think it will be anything but a shot in the dark.

somewhere on the forums I have posted my collection of directQ releases (yes,im a huge DirectQ fanboy heh)

If you can't locate it I'll dig up the link for you, I have a txt document in my quake folder with html links for that exact purpose.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
    X