Zeus Bot Suggestions Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeus Bot Suggestions Thread!

Hello all! I made this thread for some suggestions that should be added to ZeusBot and other coop bots by any person that gets hands in the latest version's source code.

Btw, this is a list of mine:

Which is yours?
    Last edited by Gustavo6046; 03-13-2016, 05:52 PM.

Zeus Bot? Are there any active developers for this? Is the source code somewhere? Most people use Frikbot (quakeC), although, Sock has coded some nifty AI for Quake Monsters in IntoTheShadows mod, that has a node system.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

The same suggestions apply to any coop bot, including frikbot.

Comment

Like r00k said nelno is not developing zeus bot anymore, Also he didnt release the source because he was working with Ion Storm at the time, Check the readme that comes with zeus bot it has his email!

Frikbot needs some improvement for cooperative, But you will have to ask semeone with Quake C skills!

Comment

Like r00k said nelno is not developing zeus bot anymore, Also he didnt release the source because he was working with Ion Storm at the time, Check the readme that comes with zeus bot it has his email!

Frikbot needs some improvement for cooperative, But you will have to ask semeone with Quake C skills!

Comment

I've got a note in my .plan to adapt frikbot for coop via my maphack platform.

Specifically, keeping the bots with the player as he roams, since maps have no (technically a few, so far) limits.

My current thought is to sneak-teleport the bots back near the player when they roam too far away.

I'm curious about this node system and how it would differ from the current dynamic waypoint system.
            I have done some extensive server tests (on the order of 5 days plus on one map) and the bots seem to figure out most switches, lifts, doors and the like.
            Though I have to note I run 3 each of frikbots and pkbots.
            Sometimes frikbots by themselves get lazy and sit around waiting.

Join + watch the Quake-C group for more qc goodies - click "group watch follow" and "membership join group"
            Last edited by numbersix; 09-17-2016, 02:33 PM. Reason: addsig
            numbersix - Mod DB [_] Six Gaming

Support free code and get credit! - Hint "Pledge 24" comes with extra releases.

Comment

Originally posted by numbersix View Post
              I've got a note in my .plan to adapt frikbot for coop via my maphack platform.

Specifically, keeping the bots with the player as he roams, since maps have no (technically a few, so far) limits.

My current thought is to sneak-teleport the bots back near the player when they roam too far away.

I'm curious about this node system and how it would differ from the current dynamic waypoint system.
              I have done some extensive server tests (on the order of 5 days plus on one map) and the bots seem to figure out most switches, lifts, doors and the like.
              Though I have to note I run 3 each of frikbots and pkbots.
              Sometimes frikbots by themselves get lazy and sit around waiting.

Join + watch the Quake-C group for more qc goodies - click "group watch follow" and "membership join group"
              Good work, frikbot needs some coop improvements! i have a suggestion Also make the bots not solid to other players to prevent telefragging, Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X