Any medieval mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any medieval mods

With medieval weapons & enemies & single player maps?

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Although Arcane Dimensions is not strictly medieval, it does have a lot of medieval content.
      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

please dont forget these old mods:
        -Omen and their unfinished sequel Alteria
        -Bloodmage
        -prydon gate
        Enjoy
        Last edited by nahuel; 09-16-2016, 07:31 AM.
        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

I thought it would be cool to re-work Quake with some Skyrim-like combat mechanics...you know, shield blocking and different slashing directions with a melee weapon. Maybe one of these days I'll try it for shits and giggles.
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
            I thought it would be cool to re-work Quake with some Skyrim-like combat mechanics...you know, shield blocking and different slashing directions with a melee weapon. Maybe one of these days I'll try it for shits and giggles.
            I'd like that, it may finally give the axe a purpose beyond saving ammo while opening secret doors.

Comment

Hello armymen12002003,

If you didnt know yet: The best way to find and play single player maps is to visit this page:
              https://www.quaddicted.com/

Click on "maps" to find a complete list of single player Quake maps.

If you are searching for a specific map type (expl: medieval) use the: Instant Filter

You will then only see medieval maps.
              Use additional filters (like Ratings, or User comments) to find exactly the maps you want to play.

There is no easier/other way to find specific single player Quake maps.

Hello bfg666,

Use the SMC if you want to make better use of your axe.

Have fun with your Quake,
              Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                Hello bfg666,

Use the SMC if you want to make better use of your axe.

Have fun with your Quake,
                Seven
                Yes, I know about the SMC's instant melee feature, thanks, but it's not the same as a full-blown melee combat system a la Skyrim. Besides, SMC has compatibility issues with many mods and maps.

Comment

Hello bfg666,

No, I mean the SMC allows you to adjust your axe´s damage.
                  It also allows you to behead enemies.
                  Furthermore it can gib corpses and some more twists.

That is as far as fun feature goes.
                  If you want a melee combat system, that is a complete other story (and mod).

And also, No the SMC has no compatibility issues with any maps.
                  You seem to misunderstand what a mod is.
                  The SMC is a mod. There are many many other mods.

Some maps are made to only run with an included mod.
                  Quake in general does NOT allow to use 2 mods at the same time.
                  So, if a map needs a mod, it only runs with this mod and not with SMC mod.
                  Please keep this in mind.

The SMC has no compatibility issues with any maps that uses the original id1 mod.
                  Yes, also id1 is a mod !
                  If you encounter issues with a map + SMC, please report it and we will have a look at it.

Best regards,
                  Seven

Comment

"Old" but quite useful if you want a more detailed description of medieval maps, check this page:

https://www.quaddicted.com/webarchiv...qexpo08a2.html
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

+1 for the Underworld Reviews link

(But weird that Tronyn would have put Fall Cleaning in that list? It's a Halloween-like map with a modern house as the setting. A great map with puzzles ---- but not a medieval map. )
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

And also, No the SMC has no compatibility issues with any maps.
                        ...except the ones that come with their own progs.dat, as you've said so yourself. BTW, do you know if it's possible to merge two progs.dat?

You seem to misunderstand what a mod is.
                        Could that be a mod...ification, by any chance?

Quake in general does NOT allow to use 2 mods at the same time.
                        If I remember the readme correctly, DP can do this via multiple -game commandline params.

So, if a map needs a mod, it only runs with this mod and not with SMC mod.
                        There you go: compatibility issues, as I said.

Comment

ChaosEsque Anthology has ~40 medieval weapons, mutators you can enable to spawn medeval weapons around, runs Quake 1 maps (and Quake3) (any time a Q1 map is found that won't load, work is done to improve the code), has monsters, spellcasting, etc etc. (check out the mutators menu under create (it's a button)

There are over 120 weapons in total so you can play any way you wish.

You can build medeval towns with the multitool too.

Info:
                          https://lgdb.org/game/chaosesque-anthology [lgdb.org]
                          ChaosEsque:Anthology Windows, Mac, Linux game - Mod DB [moddb.com]
                          https://sourceforge.net/projects/chaosesqueanthology/

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...ease-90-a.html

It's completely free and opensource, code and media. A collaborative work with contributions from 100s of entities.

You asked, you got.

Comment

Good?

Comment

Working...
                            X