Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Quake SP: Unknown Kadath

Hi everyone,

Long time Quake player, but first post here. I recently posted the release of my new map over on Func_Msgboard. It is a classic id style map that can be played in standard WinQuake or Quakespam, etc.

I'm not sure how much cross-traffic Func gets from here or there, so I thought I'd spread the news here.

Here is an image gallery:
    Unknown Kadath for Quake 1 by Redfield - Screenshots - Album on Imgur

Here is the download:
    http://www.quaketastic.com/files/redfield1.zip

Please see the readme file in the zip for instructions and more info!

Thank-you and enjoy!

Just played this map and its awesome! Had my sound cranked and the light off, and got some good spooks. I loved the end. (No spoilers here, play it for yourself ).

I commend you for your attention to detail and wonderful lighting. It really makes the map a 10 instead of a 7

I'll have to play this one again and find all the secrets and do it on nightmare. I chickened out and went for hard lol.

Keep up to good work. I hope to see more maps from you!

Comment

Looks very promising from the screenshots, just downloaded and tomorrow I'll play it for sure, It's always a good reason to party when a new SP map is released
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

@Sgt-PieFace: Thanks glad you enjoyed the map. I am currently working on a map for the Arcane Dimensions mod and I hope it will be done by the end of the summer, but I cannot make any promises.

@Blood Vengeance: Hope you got a chance to play through it. Also, I think the work you've done with all of the HD texture packs is amazing. Its nice to see so many people still involved with Quake here in 2017.

Comment

Hello Redfield,

I saw your thread at func_msgboard.
          Screenshots look great indeed. Very Quakey.

Thank you for making this !
          Best wishes.

Comment

This work is very aesthetically pleasing. All around good job my dude.
            Quake is for nerds.

Comment

I had a playthrough up of your map a couple weeks ago. Great map, really enjoyed it!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY3c_FeAMNg[/ame]

Comment

Just finished the map, really awesome work Redfield, Quake need map like this absotely. Is this your first map or do you have done other maps?
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

@Blood Vengeance: This is my first map and first release. I did make another "test" map while making this, but it was only to test the function of entities. Thanks for the feedback.

@ArrrCee: Your video series is awesome, thanks for playing my map. I've checked out a few of your reviews of older maps and got some inspiration from the ideas in them. I like how you are highlighting the positives of all the maps, makes you different from the tired "angry" reviews out there.

I'm going to have some screens of my next project up soon, work continues...

Comment

Originally posted by Redfield View Post
                    @Blood Vengeance: This is my first map and first release. I did make another "test" map while making this, but it was only to test the function of entities. Thanks for the feedback.

@ArrrCee: Your video series is awesome, thanks for playing my map. I've checked out a few of your reviews of older maps and got some inspiration from the ideas in them. I like how you are highlighting the positives of all the maps, makes you different from the tired "angry" reviews out there.

You NAILED old school Quake and I am in awe that this is your first release. My only critique was that it was kind of tight here and there with restricted "elbow room" for battles. But it's a small criticism the level is very good and lots of nice game play surprises throughout even for a veteran player.

And I agree about ArrrCee. You can tell this a is a good guy who wants to uplift new entrants... the best definition of constructive criticism in the Quake scene in a long time.

Can you believe Quake is over 20 years old and we're all still enjoying it???
                    Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

Originally posted by Redfield View Post

Well it's a really cool map for being the first one, I hope you make more maps of this quality
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                      X