Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrak uses a program called safetex to copy textures from the quake cd into the shrak maps so they didnt had to distribute id copyrighted art on the shrak cd
    Bear in mind I never played Shrak. But I read that passage and that tells me Shrak needs textures extracted somehow.

And your screenshot looks like it is missing textures.

Is it possible that this is the problem?
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
      Bear in mind I never played Shrak. But I read that passage and that tells me Shrak needs textures extracted somehow.

And your screenshot looks like it is missing textures.

Is it possible that this is the problem?
      I copied pak1 from id1 folder and:

my cd image does not have the program with such name. there only is a file ST.EXE and txt file WHATSIN.TXT with the names of some textures.

update:
      I will create now flash usb drive with clean DOS and to make attempt run this file.
      Last edited by soosel; 05-19-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

You got textures! yay
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
          You got textures! yay
          yes. but under DOS for me why that did not turn out to do planned. file ST.EXE it is a that file which is needed, he is connected during installation of "shrak", but does not find a paths to the files.
          pak0 from "shrak" does not want to install, but as I understand it is a mandatory procedure.

Comment

As I understand it, you must run the safetex program to rip textures from the Quake pakfiles and copy them into the Shrak levels.

Try with all pakfiles in the same folder.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I don't have Shrak anymore.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

favourite episode

Episode 1 is my favourite, because of the secret level Ziggurant Vertigo. Anti Gravity Jump

Comment

oh yeah, i totally love that map, its epic <3
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

my fav map has to be hipdm1, the only dm map to ship with scourge of armagon.
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

btw my fave map... i wouldnt know really... i think id have to go with E1M3 and E1M4 both

i love those maps both, they're cool, and they're both great for testing cuz they contain a lot different enemies when played on nighmare

and E1M1 and E2M1 i love too. and E3M6 cuz of the bunch of vores in it, and i love E4M4 too cuz its so huge

lol i got way to much maps which i love... i love all the maps from entire quake plus both MPs <3
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

underrated:
                      alk12.zip - Fearcraft by Shaun [Kona] Ross in the Quake map archive at Quaddicted.com

Comment

Wind tunnels. End of discussion.

Comment

Wind Tunnels was a classic indeed. Also The Wizard's Manse and The Dismal Oubliette stick out in my mind. Shit, The Grisly Grotto as well, it's so hard to choose.

REALLY enjoyed The Black Cathedral from the first expansion.

Comment

Something Wicked This Way Comes. As for original id1 maps, I'd go for Ziggurat Vertigo, with Door to Chthon as close second.
                            ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                            ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

wind tunnels FTW
                              Best FPS's of All-Time: Quake, Goldeneye, Half-Life
                              https://www.LFGdating.com

Comment

#1 e1m5 - Gloom Keep. Classic, non-linear, challenging, amazing traps and secrets. The best.

Runner's up:
                                Scourge of Armagon
                                HIP1M3 - The Lost Mine. Simply love this map, rolling boulders, ancient mine shaft, mountains, and tech base.
                                HIP2M1 - Ancient Realms. Gothic castle inside mountain range. Huge central chamber, interconnected and non-linear, has exit to secret level, and introduced the too cute for Quake gremlins.
                                Dissolution of Eternity
                                R2M4 - Curse of Osiris. The first Egyptian themed map. Starts with a vista opening to the pharaoh's face. Followed by mazes, traps, mummies, wraiths and clever secrets.

These are my classic favourites. There are too many other custom maps and mapjam maps by great authors and maps for me to list.

Comment

Working...
                                X