X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by Redfield View Post
    HIP1M3 - The Lost Mine. Simply love this map, rolling boulders, ancient mine shaft, mountains, and tech base.
    It really is a special map offering a unique experience.

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    Arcane Dimensions, but if this too "obvious" for some people, I'd go for Gotshun: very underrated 2 episodes for Mission Pack 1, with tons of actions and traps and great level design.

Leave a comment:

• Redfield
    replied
    #1 e1m5 - Gloom Keep. Classic, non-linear, challenging, amazing traps and secrets. The best.

Runner's up:
    Scourge of Armagon
    HIP1M3 - The Lost Mine. Simply love this map, rolling boulders, ancient mine shaft, mountains, and tech base.
    HIP2M1 - Ancient Realms. Gothic castle inside mountain range. Huge central chamber, interconnected and non-linear, has exit to secret level, and introduced the too cute for Quake gremlins.
    Dissolution of Eternity
    R2M4 - Curse of Osiris. The first Egyptian themed map. Starts with a vista opening to the pharaoh's face. Followed by mazes, traps, mummies, wraiths and clever secrets.

These are my classic favourites. There are too many other custom maps and mapjam maps by great authors and maps for me to list.

Leave a comment:

• bgf0302
    replied
    wind tunnels FTW

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Something Wicked This Way Comes. As for original id1 maps, I'd go for Ziggurat Vertigo, with Door to Chthon as close second.

Leave a comment:

• Lysander
    replied
    Wind Tunnels was a classic indeed. Also The Wizard's Manse and The Dismal Oubliette stick out in my mind. Shit, The Grisly Grotto as well, it's so hard to choose.

REALLY enjoyed The Black Cathedral from the first expansion.

Leave a comment:

• MountEdenDubstep
    replied
    Wind tunnels. End of discussion.

Leave a comment:

• metalseed
    replied
    underrated:
    alk12.zip - Fearcraft by Shaun [Kona] Ross in the Quake map archive at Quaddicted.com

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    btw my fave map... i wouldnt know really... i think id have to go with E1M3 and E1M4 both

i love those maps both, they're cool, and they're both great for testing cuz they contain a lot different enemies when played on nighmare

and E1M1 and E2M1 i love too. and E3M6 cuz of the bunch of vores in it, and i love E4M4 too cuz its so huge

lol i got way to much maps which i love... i love all the maps from entire quake plus both MPs <3

Leave a comment:

• Syluxguy28O3
    replied
    my fav map has to be hipdm1, the only dm map to ship with scourge of armagon.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    oh yeah, i totally love that map, its epic <3

Leave a comment:

• explodingtissue
    replied
    favourite episode

Episode 1 is my favourite, because of the secret level Ziggurant Vertigo. Anti Gravity Jump

Leave a comment:

• golden_boy
    replied
    As I understand it, you must run the safetex program to rip textures from the Quake pakfiles and copy them into the Shrak levels.

Try with all pakfiles in the same folder.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I don't have Shrak anymore.

Leave a comment:

• soosel
    replied
    Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    You got textures! yay
    yes. but under DOS for me why that did not turn out to do planned. file ST.EXE it is a that file which is needed, he is connected during installation of "shrak", but does not find a paths to the files.
    pak0 from "shrak" does not want to install, but as I understand it is a mandatory procedure.

Leave a comment:

• golden_boy
    replied
    You got textures! yay

Leave a comment:

Working...
X