Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the undergate yesterday. It started up, but when I went to pick a level, it froze as I started walking into the portal. I'm using a dell latitude cpi laptop. I have no problem playing quake or the mission packs and the other user made levels. So far just the undergate froze. The whole computer ended up freezing. Anyone else have this happen to them? What might it be? I tried it twice.

-Legend

Comment

What client were you using?

The Undergate is just a simple map and a light (very light) QuakeC modification, but you do need to have enough memory allocated for some of these maps.

I recommend Enhanced GLQuake or FitzQuake, although DarkPlaces is a very fine choice as well but issues with a couple of the maps.

Enhanced GLQuake and DarkPlaces should for certain run this well without any command parameters. (Enhanced GLQuake is included in the distribution (so is FitzQuake), it is the supplied glquake.exe or winquake.exe)
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I used winquake.

Comment

cant get either download to work, can someone re-upload for me?

Comment

bump

someone please re-upload this, the links are dead.
            thanks. i miss this compilation

Comment

7-Zip download:

http://www.quake-1.com/files/maps/undergate-1-2-r2.7z

Windows Installer version:

http://www.quake-1.com/files/maps/undergate-1-2-r2.exe
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thanks bunches, Baker

Comment

Thanks a lot for the re-upload! Quake was the first game I ever played(next to Wolf 3D) when I was a kid but back then I wasn't exactly connected to the scene at all. The first scene I really connected to was CS and Quake 3. Its nice to come back and see what I missed all in one sitting. Gonna' spend the entire day with this map if its as big as I think. Thanks a lot!

Comment

I know this is a old thread, but Ive been using this for a few months and wanted to say thanks. It works great!
                    If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

Originally posted by sb306 View Post
                      I know this is a old thread, but Ive been using this for a few months and wanted to say thanks. It works great!
                      Thanks I've gotten a lot of gameplay out of this project myself.

Comment

Thank you Baker !

Comment

Thread has been superceded, new thread:

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...e-release.html

Comment

Working...
                          X