No announcement yet.

Single Player Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest getting two high-power monsters to fight each other (Shambler and Fiend, for example), but help the weaker monster by shooting the stronger monster at the same time. The Shambler, for example, will try to come after you but the Fiend will aggro it away from you over and over until it's dead. This way, if you KNOW the Shambler would easily kill the Fiend, you could get rid of the shambler first and then kill the weakened Fiend.

Comment

Also, don't use ammo/health boxes if using them meant losing out on some of the value of the box. that is, if you have 99 shells, don't get that shell box.

Comment

getting vore-balls to gib zombies is also quite fun

Comment

Originally posted by man_traic View Post
          if you can start a war between a big meanie and a zombie, zombie wins everytime
          Not necessarily true, because sometimes the shambler can smash the zombie into gibs.

Comment

Sorry for resuscitating this old thread. Even If I've played lots of single player content, I'm open to new tactics, my biggest problems are.....Scrags! Yes! No Vores or Shamblers, those flying bastards are really a pain in the ****! As for Shambler i shot to him from close distance, when he get closer to attack with his claws, i go quickly backward and shoot again, I'll repeat til the bastard is dead. Some times I've killed it even with a super shotgun in this way

Comment

facepalm ftw
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I usually tend to check new areas by firing a few grenades so that it bounces into the new area. If I hear a grunt on the other side, I either break out the RL, SNG or keep the GL, depending on what I want to do. Might not be super-faced paced, but it does save me HP.

Comment

ProTip: Shoot the shambler until it dies.

Use walls to bounce grenades behind a edge,
                  Last edited by RangerC; 03-03-2011, 04:29 AM.
                  Modding like it's 1999! HELL YEAH!
                  Operating Engine: Engoo
                  QuakeC Compiler: vqcc.exe

Comment

I tend to keep my distance at times. At close range the super nail gun can really pack a punch, as well as the double barrel.

Comment

Working...
                    X