Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Upstart Mapping Project (QUMP) Beta Release

QUMP is now released!

QUMP includes 10 Brand new maps, mostly by people who had never made a quake map before.

GET QUMP HERE: (latest version updated 10.27.2017)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/p8r3d4k38fmkmrd/qump.zip

QUMP is designed to run in quakespasm. Some maps may run in darkplaces as well.

Screenshots:

MAPS INCLUDED:

Beginning - Pritchard
    Bloody Sun - Danzadan
    Citadel of Suffering - Topher
    Manchester's Leftovers - Daya
    Shadows of Our Forgotten Ancestors - Naitelveni
    Start Map - NewHouse
    Stygian Waterways - Vingal
    Sunken Cathedral - HexenMapper
    The Dog Prison - Kres
    The Three Towers of Tremendous Terror and Turmoil - Brassbite
    The Real /vr/ Experience - Spud (Secret Map)

Special thanks to NewHouse for all his help with this project.
    Last edited by HexenMappper; 10-26-2017, 08:32 AM.

The screenshots look awesome, I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing, this site is in desperate need of community involvement. Well done to you and all involved. I'll provide better feedback when I play through, sometime this week.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Thanks Dutch, I like this forum because we can actually embed images! (and edit posts )
      I've just made a minor update to the files today, one of the map entrances wasn't working. Latest version is qumpBeta2 (Link is the same above)

Comment

Looks really cool! What makes it a beta release, just out of curiosity? I might wait to play this on The Quake Grave until it's actually released, just to do run into any issues for the playthrough.

Comment

Originally posted by ArrrCee View Post
          Looks really cool! What makes it a beta release, just out of curiosity? I might wait to play this on The Quake Grave until it's actually released, just to do run into any issues for the playthrough.
          Open Beta For Playtesting really*

There will be coming 2 balance updates still for Daya's and Brassbite's maps. Also it is good that playtesters can find some drawing issues we couldn't see at all. Deadline for these updates to come is this week Sunday. So hopefully at the beginning of the next week QUMP 1.0 is out.

Comment

Good to hear we'll be getting another quake grave! Are you still able to post news feed? We really need to spruce this site up, although it sucks that the news isn't the front page anymore...

Comment

@we really need to spruce this site up

Lol, you mean this vanilla install of VBulletin that doesn't even have a single revenue generating ad isn't the finished site? I'm confused, I thought the whole point was to be the laughing stock of websites and destroy an entire community. That's not the point? Oh. Sure seems like it is.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                Good to hear we'll be getting another quake grave! Are you still able to post news feed? We really need to spruce this site up, although it sucks that the news isn't the front page anymore...
                There's a new Quake Grave every week Dutch! We're narrowing in on 200 episodes! =)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2zDqCz5KF6HaJ9

I would totally get back on news posts here if the news were in a spot people could see it. As it stands, the news forum is the second to last link on the front page. Does Solecard just need some graphics made and/or someone to help out with displaying things a bit more visibly? I would be willing to help out if needed.

Comment

ArrrCee ~ There's a new Quake Grave every week Dutch!

I have watched ALL of the Quake Grave series. I stream them to the TVs at work from my phone and act like I have no clue what's going on. Somebody freaks out and changes it back, I wait a couple minutes and reconnect the stream. I've even looked at customers and said "You are doing this?" (like blaming a fart). The people in this world are so lazy that after about 4 or 5 times of me reconnecting they just give up and we watch The Quake Grave! Hah, hah, fuck everybody.

Edit: Oh and Kayla thinks you are hot. Lucky you.
                  Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-11-2017, 07:39 PM.
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

We've done a minor update, fixing a few small things - link is the same (in the OP)

There's a new Quake Grave every week Dutch! We're narrowing in on 200 episodes! =)
                    This is great! never knew about this channel. I'm watching a bit of the mapjam9 video now
                    I'll definitely keep an eye on this in the future

Comment

I would totally get back on news posts here if the news were in a spot people could see it. As it stands, the news forum is the second to last link on the front page. Does Solecard just need some graphics made and/or someone to help out with displaying things a bit more visibly? I would be willing to help out if needed.
                      Thanks for the link, I had no idea! The only Quake news I get is on here. You should start a thread and link your weekly videos to it. At any rate, I'll hop over to your youtube account more often.

@willing to help

get in line. There have been a load of offers to help, even from newcomers. Graphics and a slight restructuring of the front page would fix the problem. With the amount of people offering to help, it would get done in like 5 minutes. I don't mean to bad-mouth Sole, but he's been AWOL for some time now and the site is really going downhill and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Comment

I am holding off playing this until it's a proper final release. IMO you guys need to play test internally as a team and smash bugs yourselves before releasing anything. Reason is: once I play these in beta I will probably not bother with the final if it's just a few tweaks and I am not interested in playing a broken map. I know these are mostly from newbs to Quake.

I will say the screenshots look great and I DO want to play a final release. So test, test test and good luck!
                        Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

dumptruck_ds no problemo, we try our best to find and fix all the issues before the actual release. To be honest, this slipped out a bit too early.. next time we will try keep everything internal testing until the very end before the public release.

Comment

We've made a few updates, added in a very late map... link is the same.

How do we change our profile image here? or edit our information? the FAQ seems to say we can change the image by hovering over the image in our profile page, but nothing comes up.
                            The edit user settings only allows me to alter my password and/or email, not any of the other settings I entered when making the profile...

Comment

Originally posted by HexenMappper View Post
                              We've made a few updates, added in a very late map... link is the same.

How do we change our profile image here? or edit our information? the FAQ seems to say we can change the image by hovering over the image in our profile page, but nothing comes up.
                              The edit user settings only allows me to alter my password and/or email, not any of the other settings I entered when making the profile...
                              If the old rules still apply (and I believe they do), you need to have a minimum of 10 posts before you can select a picture. The old site used to inform people of this on the profile page, I don't think this new site does.

Comment

Working...
                              X