Single Player RQ / Mission Pack 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Player RQ / Mission Pack 2

#1 There is a Quakeworld cooperative vs. Monsters server running Quake Mission Pack 2.

QW: 150.101.153.18:27507

It is in Australia so the ping isn't so great, but the thing is, you can actually play Mission Pack 2 with a bud on the internet or just by yourself. It will download the maps, models, everything just like QW does with Team Fortress.

-----

Single player Rune Quake Vs. Monsters? Yes.

Download: RQ Vs. Monsters

Instructions:

1) Download above zip file
    2) Find your Quake folder
    3) Extract the downloaded file into the \quake\runes folder
    # Your unzip program should make the folder for you

4) Start Quake like this ...

c:\quake\glpro.exe -game runes
    You'll be playing against the monsters with runes and a hook. If you have never tried this before, you should try it at least once.

Btw, if you don't want to download anything, you can just connect to coop.runequake.com:26003 and play a similar thing online on Rocketguy's server.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

My first project was to merge artifact with a new improved single player experienece. The monsters etc. were smarter and fired random projectiles at you and had better aim, as well as line-of-sight avoidance. Wish I knew where that was now.
    Chuck

Comment

One of the first bugs Rod fixed was the kamikaze rune/godmode bug. In single play/cooperative you could be god and kamikaze and keep kamikaze'ing throughout the level killing everything. He used to release dm and coop versions.
      Chuck

Comment

When Slot Zero took over the mod in 2002 or so, I looked at the distribution binaries and did not see a monster-progs.dat

I wasn't familiar with Slot's skills, so not knowing him well, I figured he didn't know how to make one (/me = idiot) ... so I email Roderick asking him for how to play with monsters because "I don't think Slot knows how to do that."

As it turns out, Roderick had all of that email address's email forwarded to Slot.

Then Slot emails me and asks me "Why did you send me this email?"

Majorly embarrassing to me and was hard to explain. . Just one of my many noob mistakes back then.

(Another one was the day I banned Slot Zero from the server when he was playing under another name for "botting". This player comes back on the server after I kicked him, so I go to kick him again and nothing happens.

At this point, I don't know what to do so I email Slot and essentially offer to send him a demo of his play as proof of his botting. I was an HPB at the time and admittedly had trouble assessing the play of strong LPB players, at first)

Those were the days.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

You'll need to give the monsters a good 3 or 4x the health for any challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by Zop
            You'll need to give the monsters a good 3 or 4x the health for any challenge!
            i did that and people complained that the monsters are too much.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketGuy
              i did that and people complained that the monsters are too much.
              Well, ye old Zopsterman isn't always right about everything.

Btw ... Rocketman, you seem to have the closest thing to good coop server code in the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                #1 There is a Quakeworld cooperative vs. Monsters server running Quake Mission Pack 2.
                mission pack 2... now that's a good idea! i could run mission packs on my server as custom maps! i'm starting to work on this now. check my forum at rune central to see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                  Well, ye old Zopsterman isn't always right about everything.

Btw ... Rocketman, you seem to have the closest thing to good coop server code in the universe.
                  good i fixed the AI crash bug. nothing that crashes is good.

Comment

I enjoy DPmod for coop, only because you can easily via console multiply the enemy health and the enemy damage, separately, along with the general skill settings.

Generally just upping monster health doesnt make it harder, just takes more time... but when you really want to dodge that ogres grenade cause its comparable to your own... Or when those deathknight flames track you just enough... Its less of health or damage and more of little things.
                    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Working...
                    X