Originally posted by JPL View Post
    Killer Pack has also some good ones, like:

flamethrower
    fireball launcher
    laser
    BFG9000
    proximity mine
    nuke rocket

I downloaded the Killer Quake pack.... but when unzipping it... the read me file was written in 97 and the info on installation is confusing... mentioning Windows95 and dos commands...

Here's a list of the files... I am running DarkPlaces prog.... any clues how to enable these mods? I am simply hoping to enable to morningstar hook and flame tosser

8M_RAM.PAK
    DOSKQP (windows batch)
    KQP220Z (zip)
    PAK0.PAK
    SERVER (windows batch)
    WINKQP (windows batch)

Thanks

Comment

Create a KQP220 folder in your Quake directory: unzip KQP220Z.zip in this folder

Then from command shell window, type your favorite DarkPlace command line and add -game KQP220

enjoy !
      What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Comment

Command Shell Window... can this be found in my DarkPlaces startup icon properties?
        I'm rusty at this... and a lil confused.

Your patience is appreciated.

Comment

Hi Carphil,

I've not had experience of this particular mod but in very general terms the procedure would probably go as follows:
          1. Create a folder/directory inside your quake directory. Don't forget to call it something meaningful like "qkiller"
          2. Copy the mod files (usually a progs.dat or pakn.pak) in to the directory you just created
          3. [Assuming you are using Windows] right click within the Quake directory and create a new text file and call it qkiller.cmd
          4. Right click the new file and edit it.
          5. insert the command line
            Code:
            xxxx.exe -game qkiller
            and save your changes (where xxxx.exe is name of the quake client executable you wish to use eg glpro.exe). Note that depending on the requirements of the mod you are trying to run you may have to add extra flags to this line in order to get the mod to run properly/at all.
          6. Now when you click the qkiller.cmd "batch" file it should start quake and look in the qkiller directory and load up the relevant mod files.

Hope this helps

Monty
          Mr.Burns
          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

i prefer .bat to .cmd

Comment

Hi Mr Burn... your help is "Excelllllllllent"

So far here's what I have done...

DarkPlaces had me put my Quake files in the "id1" folder in it's directory and start up my game with their Icon in that same folder.

I created a "KQP220" folder in there and unzipped the killer quake contents into it.
              I created a new text file within the main folder called KQP220.cmd
              Inside that text file I put "darkplaces.exe -game qkiller" and saved it upon closing.

I start up Quake using the darkplaces start up icon... is this what you mean by clicking the batch file? I see none of the mods... and assume I did something wrong.

Much thanks
              Last edited by charphil; 04-30-2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

A curious choice from a technical perspective but Metch is correct in that a .bat extension instead of the .cmd should also work. There are a few subtle differences between the two file types but for these purposes both should work*

* assuming your PC is using windows 2000 or newer
                Mr.Burns
                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

Originally posted by charphil View Post
                  Hi Mr Burn... your help is "Excelllllllllent"

So far here's what I have done...

DarkPlaces had me put my Quake files in the "id1" folder in it's directory and start up my game with their Icon in that same folder.
                  I created a "KQP220" folder in there and unzipped the killer quake contents into it.
                  I'm no Darkplaces expert but normally in my experience quake mods are located directly beneath your quake directory not inside the quake/id1 directory. So you tend to have driveletter:\quake\painkeep, driveletter:\quake\dmp and so forth.
                  I would humbly suggest you first try moving the KQP220 folder up one level from the driveletter:\quake\id1\ to the driveletter:\quake\ folder so you then have driveletter:\quake\KQP220\

I created a new text file within the main folder called KQP220.cmd
                  Try to make sure the KQP220.cmd is located within the driveletter:\quake\ folder

Inside that text file I put "darkplaces.exe -game qkiller" and saved it upon closing.
                  The bit on the end, "-game qkiller", instructs quake to effectively look inside a particular directory underneath your driveletter:\quake folder in order to get the extra files and information it will need to run your mod. Because you called the folder your created KQP220 instead of qkiller quake quite rightly cant find it. To make it work with what you have done change the command inside your text file to
                  Code:
                  darkplaces.exe -game KQP220

I start up Quake using the darkplaces start up icon... is this what you mean by clicking the batch file? I see none of the mods... and assume I did something wrong.

Much thanks
                  In the last step it seems you have created the batch file and then ignored it completely but just clicking the regular darkplaces icon. Try double clicking the icon of the KQP220.cmd file you created which should then fire up darkplaces and tell it to look inside your driveletter:\quake\KQP220 folder for your mod and load it up. Assuming it works!

Hope this helps
                  Mr.Burns

Comment

No sir... Darkplaces text said for me to take my quake files... and put them in the darkplaces... id1 folder.

So that .cmd text file I made... is in the darkplaces folder too.
                    My new text file within the main folder is called KQP220.cmd thanks for reminding me to do that.
                    Also... I'm not sure how I could start up quake.. by clicking on that text file....it simply opens the text.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
                      Hi Carphil,

[*][Assuming you are using Windows] right click within the Quake directory and create a new text file and call it qkiller.cmd[*]Right click the new file and edit it.[*]insert the command line
                      Code:
                      xxxx.exe -game qkiller
                      and save your changes (where xxxx.exe is name of the quake client executable you wish to use eg glpro.exe). Note that depending on the requirements of the mod you are trying to run you may have to add extra flags to this line in order to get the mod to run properly/at all.[*]Now when you click the qkiller.cmd "batch" file it should start quake and look in the qkiller directory and load up the relevant mod files.[/LIST]

Hope this helps

Monty
                      right click the new file... and go to properties and enter the code... or simply type it inside the text file?

Command line is what exactly...?

I'm using Windows 7

Comment

Make a new folder under quake, ie C:\Quake\Mod
                        unzip the contents of the mod into that folder
                        right-click darkplaces.exe create a shortcut
                        edit the properties of that shortcut (ie rename it to MODname)
                        in the properties panel type c:\quake\darkplaces.exe -game Mod
                        double click it the shortcut and it should fire up DP with the gamedir set to your mod.
                        Or if you're in darkplaces (or Qrack, or PQ), in the console you can type gamedir mod and it will load up the mod files.

Obviously you can name the folder anything i just use "mod" for an example BUT -game and gamedir look for the EXACT foldername as it's parameter.
                        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

R00k, JPL and Mr.Burns...

That did it... got it all up and running well.
                          Huge thanks for taking the time to walk me through... +Rep

Comment

god, I'd almost forgot about kqp! just searched and found that the official site is STILL RUNNING!

brings back memories.

gotta love the gib gun...

however blazethrower + darkplaces = LAAAAG!

Comment

I have brought this up somewhere else in the forum, but... can maybe someone mess around with the original supershotgun model so that it is shown properly on widescreen displays, especially on those with higher resolutions like 1920x1200? I don't like the model provided with Rygel's texture pack, it differs too much from the original. However, using osjclatchford's nice new skins for the old model only look half as nice since I only see the upper part of the barrel, making it look totally ridiculous.

Unfortunately, Darkplaces doesn't seem to have an option to adjust HUD weapons alignment manually, so the model itself would need to be repositioned. For the other weapons, it's not that bad, only the supershotgun loses quality that much.
                              Authentic Models Pack
                              OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                              LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Working...
                              X