Ford Driant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Driant

Played Fort Driant. Is it just me or is it next to impossible skill 2, hard Im assuming. Im getting there, but I'm doing alot of camping. Other than that it seems like a well put together level.

It was choppy on everything except fitz .085. Fitz also runs A roman Wilderness of pain smoothly, when aguire or joequake wouldnt
    If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Try this and let me know what you think.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
    IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

^^^ ok, Ill try out the directjoe I think Im running direct 3d 8. So, Ill let you know how it works

Edit: Im using a 3dfx 5500 for the glide support for the old games. So that will limit me. But this was primarily put together for the games I played in the late 90s. But, once I found all these new engines and textures etc, I was amazed
      Last edited by sb306; 05-10-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Ah OK, Fitz is probably your best bet then.

I don't think JoeQuake can even load Driant OK.
        IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sb306 View Post
          Played Fort Driant. Is it just me or is it next to impossible skill 2, hard Im assuming.
          Agree on both: it's a great map and it's very hard. I'm a Quake 1 noob but I finished some of the recently released SP maps without cheating. This one really was tough though. Had to use god mode on my way back.

I also played it on fitzquake 0.85 btw.
          dfsp*spirit
          my FPS maps

Comment

Originally posted by mhquake View Post
            Ah OK, Fitz is probably your best bet then.

I don't think JoeQuake can even load Driant OK.
            iirc: it was hit and miss. But no matter what it would always end up crashing eventually with a gl_maxtexture error. All in all though I really enjoy joequake. Since qrack was based on joequake, I tried it. But for some reason it wont run. But I enjoy joequake.

For all its advancements, it seems that darkplaces is a very solid engine with high limits, and good stability also. But with my system Joequake runs smoother.

Comment

I tried directq but it wont run on win98 apparently. oh well. I think Ill just use fitz for those larger maps and run Joequake for everything else.

Comment

Fort Driant actually breaks some standard engines limits. As said in the txt file (you know the famous file nobody never reads...), enhanced engine is recommended (FitzQuake, aguire's GLQuake, or even DarkPlace)... It will also depends of your PC preformances... old machine will just don't run it :/

Also, I admit the map is hard, and that you need to know it very well on skill 2, and that it even reauired to find some secrets to complete it without that much health loss..

Anyway: glad the map is still enjoyed by more players
                What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Comment

Working...
                X