SP: Nehahra vs. Seal of Nehahra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP: Nehahra vs. Seal of Nehahra

Okay, Bank said this is the Finding Good Single Player maps thread.

Originally posted by Bank
    Nehahra is king. The Seal of Nehahra is even better.
    Now, I'm not necessarily the brightest guy. Are there two separate Nehahra episodes or is one the movie?

I've played Nehahra. Is there something I didn't play, or do I just not play enough attention?

----

http://www.planetquake.com/nehahra/

Nehahra is an epic single player episode where all the rules have changed. The enemies have improved AI making them dangerous, you can push barrels around to get over crates and up otherwise inaccessible areas, has true glass, fog and a lot more.

Probably my favorite Nehahra episode is the expansion episode the Tides of War, and in particular, this map. (Review link: http://www.planetquake.com/underworld/hofSoulstice.html)

Additionally, although I have not yet to try it, there are some standalone maps out there for Nehahra like Invein

There are also other Nehahra maps out there:

http://www.planetquake.com/nehahra/addons.html
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I believe Seal of Nehahra is the movie, Nehahra is the game

Comment

Indeed. Seal of Nehahra is the movie.
      Is not a movie per se. It's a machinima type movie.
      In fact you can take it, technically, as a suite of quake demos or cutscenes, with 3rd view camera angles.
      Most games ship with a background story. Read the booklet or watch it as intro movie... Here, with SoN you get a full story, some sort of prologue that leads you to Nehahra, the game.
      Yeah, it's about four (4) hours long. Some may say it's a bit wordy and... long. I think it's a must for any true Quake fan.
      Moreover, you can select the scenes like chapters in the menu. Enjoy the whole thing at once or chop it in episodes, at your convenience.
      Mindcrime began to write down the script, if you want to read some dialog.

Watching The Seal of Nehahra is not required to play the game obviously.
      I enjoyed it for many reasons: the story, the characters, the humor...
      But what I like the most is the full dedication, the incredible amount of detail those guys, the creators of Nehahra, put in their work.
      It just shows once more what people can do with deep passion.
      Hey, read the credits! You're just in front of Quake's Pantheon here!

And, yesss, you can watch it on your Mac too! :d

Comment

The movie is great. And it is indeed a movie, and couldn't be more of a far cry from Quake demos. (The only thing in common is the .dem format.) I loved the dialogue, humour etc. in the movie, although as everybody says, when watching this 4 hour epic, you're going to be watching a LOT of people walking around or pacing. Or yammering on too long. Definitely should have been edited down a LOT. But it is still awesome.

Comment

Working...
        X