Features
    - Easy map launching with friendly user interface
    - Many others

Screenshot

That sounds great. Will be waiting.
    If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

That looks cool! :-)

It seems like a native Windows application, how is it built upon the Injector (since you say one needs that)?

Are you parsing comments directly from the details pages? If you want I could provide some simple "comments only" url in any format you like.

I dont know if you do, but just in case: Do not excessively use the listing on http://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/ please, for some reason loading that page stresses my database very much.
      Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
        That looks cool! :-)

It seems like a native Windows application, how is it built upon the Injector (since you say one needs that)?

Are you parsing comments directly from the details pages? If you want I could provide some simple "comments only" url in any format you like.

I dont know if you do, but just in case: Do not excessively use the listing on Quaddicted.com: Quake Singleplayer Maps please, for some reason loading that page stresses my database very much.
        Yes, it is a native Windows application. QML is being developed under Windows 7.

QML uses 'installedMaps.xml' of QuakeInjector folder. Installing and uninstalling maps should be conducted by QuakeInjector only.

Reviews and comments will be parsed from quaddicted.com. QML DO NOT access all the database of quaddicted.com excessively and it only accesses the information of installed maps by QuakeInjector.
        ALSO parsing from web pages will be done only one time since reviews and comments are locally saved to QML folder at first time.

I think that before releasing this software I need some kind of permission from adminstrator of Quaddicted.com since QML accesses the web pages for getting information even though little network load.

Thank you.
        Last edited by starwindz; 01-16-2011, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Sweet!

Still, if you want, I can always give you better-to-implement output. I feel that the data should be as open and accessible as possible so people can create good things (like this) with it.

Comment

Sweet!

Still, if you want, I can always give you better-to-implement output. I feel that the data should be as open and accessible as possible so people can create good things (like this) with it.
            You are absolutely right.
            Could you please make some kind of html files on somewhere of quaddicted.com?
            I think this approach will extremely reduce the network load in order to get information of maps.

* Template
            Filename: <MapID>.htm

Inside of each htm file:
            Title
            Author
            Released date
            Rating
            Filesize <= Mega byte
            Dependencies
            User's raring
            Review <= Reviews html code. Please saved to one line
            Commments <= Comments html code. Please saved to one line

* Example
            5rivers.htm

The Five Rivers Land
            JPL
            Excellent
            quoth
            Mini campaign in DOOM 3 hell-style with three small to medium sized, dark ...
            Some comments...
            Last edited by starwindz; 01-17-2011, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Preview #2

QML(Quake Map Launcher) is currently under beta test stage.

Comment

not forgotten just too busy with other stuff. will try to give it a go on the weekend.

Comment

Neato! You had me at "is being developed under Windows 7".

Comment

not forgotten just too busy with other stuff. will try to give it a go on the weekend.
                    Okay, no problem.

Comment

Here you go: http://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/de...p?map=FILENAME

For example http://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/de...p?map=hrim_sp4

Comment

Thanks. I will look into html files for parsing it.

Comment

I think some modification of html codes is needed for parsing map information as follows. I would like to read AN information per A line.

[Before]
                          ...<BODY>For Love of Evil Hrimfaxi 01.01.2010 5 5.51 4.6 Three independent levels...

[After]
                          ...<BODY>
                          For Love of Evil
                          Hrimfaxi
                          Three independent levels... <= Review section
                          *** <= Comments section

I hope to hear from you soon, Spirit.
                          Thank you.

(P.S.) Development of QML v1.0 is almost completed except for parsing routine of map information.
                          Last edited by starwindz; 01-28-2011, 09:19 PM.

Comment

What your browser displays is irrelevant, the output is per line. Or do you want <br /> between each entry?

Comment

What your browser displays is irrelevant, the output is per line. Or do you want <br /> between each entry?
                              QML read lines from temporalily saved html file.

The current saved html file is NOT per line. Please check it out.
                              'per line' and 'adding some seperator' are needed.
                              See the red bolded lines.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
                              <!-- saved from url=(0070)http://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/de...inglelines.php -->
                              <HTML><HEAD>
                              <META content="text/html; charset=ks_c_5601-1987" http-equiv=Content-Type>
                              <META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.7600.16700"></HEAD>
                              <BODY>
                              For Love of Evil
                              Hrimfaxi

// Review - Begin
                              Three independent levels
                              connected by a start map. (You might want to load each of them manually so as to
                              avoid starting the map with all weapons from the previous one).
                              <UL>
                              <LI>Voidscape: Very small rocky island floating in space.
                              <LI>Brownie: Small medieval fortress with an atrium and tower areas.
                              <LI>For The Love Of Evil: Large Metal/runic map with majestic halls and
                              various traps. (On hard difficulty, the map exceeds the max_edicts limit, so
                              it requires a source port with increased
                              limits).</LI></UL>
                              // Review - End
                              // Comments - Begin
                              <STRONG>MegaQuake</STRONG><SMALL>7 February 2010,
                              21:55</SMALL>
                              <DIV class=text>Main map is long and hard. Nice!</DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV><STRONG>necros</STRONG><SMALL>17 May 2010, 4:07</SMALL>
                              <DIV class=text>4/5; i'm kind of not really ranking the turtle maps alongside
                              the main map since it's difficult to rank a turtle map next to a proper
                              map.<BR><BR>also, 4/5 because of some brush misalignments and sometimes strange
                              texture usage.</DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV><STRONG>Ubermann</STRONG><SMALL>26 June 2010, 14:27</SMALL>
                              <DIV class=text>Exquisite maps.<BR><BR>5/5<BR><BR>Very elaborated maps with lots
                              of detail but not "overdetailed".<BR><BR>Nice ideas implemented and incredible
                              ambience has been achieved correctly.<BR>Difficult could become high in many
                              situations due to traps and ambush. Monster placement is also excelent. Don't
                              forget to save occasionally.<BR><BR>I think that due to the complexity of the
                              maps' structure, it's normal to see a pair ot three misalignments here and
                              there. Nothing really important.</DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV><STRONG>Zed</STRONG><SMALL>5 July 2010, 22:48</SMALL>
                              <DIV class=text>A very memorable and atmospheric map set. I wish Brownie was
                              bigger -- it seems something of a waste to be so small, unlike Voidscape, which
                              possibly might have worn out its novelty if it was stretched out much further.
                              Both of them are great little maps, but the star of the show is certainly the
                              eponymous For Love of Evil, and it's actually something of a masterpiece of a
                              Quake map. Large yet never sprawling, ornate and detailed yet never cluttered,
                              the flow and sense of pacing is impeccable. Seriously, you''re missing out if
                              you don't play this one. 5/5</DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>
                              // Comments - End

Comment

Working...
                              X