Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undergate Re-Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    Will these improvements be made availible / hosted on the currect COOP servers?
    The maraakate.servegame.com:27503 is the undergate coop and it's evolving every day. You can even play ID Coop maps by simply typing IDCOOP or bbelief by typing BBELIEF.

    The FVF and ID COOP servers will remain the same code. But i might look into stripping parts of the code into my ID COOP server.

    Comment


    • #32
      Also, the source to the BSP is not in that file you linked me to.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Maraakate View Post
        Also, the source to the BSP is not in that file you linked me to.
        http://quake-1.com/files/maps/undergate.map

        You can open undergate.bsp with TexMex to pull the textures out of the .bsp
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

        So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

        Comment


        • #34
          Finally got around to poking with external ent files and it's retardedly easy. So now I've been able to find and fix trap doors that prevent you from moving forward as well as creating spawns.

          We're doing it on a per-map basis, but a fair share of maps do play and honestly I think we've played just about every one now! lol.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Maraakate View Post
            Finally got around to poking with external ent files and it's retardedly easy.
            Sounds hard at first, then you start doing it and it is easy. Just real hard to explain in a post.

            We're doing it on a per-map basis, but a fair share of maps do play and honestly I think we've played just about every one now! lol.
            Hehe After I finished the Undergate off, I probably spent a great many hours playing the maps. I had to screen the maps before including them obviously. And you'll probably locate a couple of "mistakes".

            There is one map that is supposed to be #2 in a set of 2 maps and has no weapons but plenty of nails (but you have no nail gun). I've come seriously close to beating the map without any weapons in a couple of Herculean efforts, but, well ... it is probably impossible (except in coop where you could respawn). So you might add a nail gun to that map

            Also one map set has a bad sequence. The author made like 5-6 maps but it was unclear how they connected together (one of the project goals was absolutely no modification to the originals and this meant no renaming either ... 100% as the authors had made the maps). I tried to guess and one of the maps has a secret exit to another map in the series [except well ... I couldn't find this hidden exit and I was screening 104 maps]. Well, I guessed wrong somewhere and the sequences does not play in the right order.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

            So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Baker View Post
              So you might add a nail gun to that map
              I always change a maps .ent file to have these items near the spawning point at the start.
              Otherwise I usually die too quick.

              Comment


              • #37
                Maraakate- are these changes goin to be available for netquake? i am a QW newb and have no idea how the maps/entities translate to the netquake servers. Much along the lines of what Mindz was saying i would like to replace the current co-op intro slipgate with the new Undergate, enlarging the selection of maps for rQuake COOP. If you need any help making this possible let me know i have used qoole and worldcraft in the past to try and make my own maps(even tho they were pretty basic ) and have a general idea of the process. Even if the process is sounding complicated let me know, im taking comp sci in school and am willing to devote some time to putting this together.


                BAKER!!!--feel free to drop in to the servers sometime i miss our old ra matches from what...6-7 years ago now?
                (were you not in me and kathos(angel)'s runequake clan [DA] back then? )


                I was also thinking is it not possible just to load up the Undergate map on a server running the CO-Op mod???
                this seems too easy.....
                Last edited by smokey; 11-24-2011, 12:59 PM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by smokey View Post
                  I was also thinking is it not possible just to load up the Undergate map on a server running the CO-Op mod???
                  this seems too easy.....
                  HAHA yeah....was obv too easy i tried (i have the winquake coop server foq posted) loading the undergate onto the co-op server and was getting errors to do with spawn points as spoken about before. Then i tried loading undergate at single player with proquake, and was getting an error message along the same lines (after it connected me to a proquake server for some reason) so........is it just going to be as easy as adding spawn points into the maps? If i remember correctly that is like one of the easier parts of mapping just drag and drop them in like youre playin plinko on the price is right..ima keep at this if anyone has some suggestions let me know....

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    plinko fucking rules.
                    The Price is Right former biggest Plinko win primetime - YouTube
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by smokey View Post
                      Maraakate- are these changes goin to be available for netquake? i am a QW newb and have no idea how the maps/entities translate to the netquake servers. Much along the lines of what Mindz was saying i would like to replace the current co-op intro slipgate with the new Undergate, enlarging the selection of maps for rQuake COOP. If you need any help making this possible let me know i have used qoole and worldcraft in the past to try and make my own maps(even tho they were pretty basic ) and have a general idea of the process. Even if the process is sounding complicated let me know, im taking comp sci in school and am willing to devote some time to putting this together.


                      BAKER!!!--feel free to drop in to the servers sometime i miss our old ra matches from what...6-7 years ago now?
                      (were you not in me and kathos(angel)'s runequake clan [DA] back then? )


                      I was also thinking is it not possible just to load up the Undergate map on a server running the CO-Op mod???
                      this seems too easy.....
                      There's really no point to bring it to NQ as the network stack sucks on NQ.

                      On an unrelated note, quake.shmack.net is also on QW why does nobody use it?!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        You sir, are pushing my ability to play nice.

                        NQ>QW. Why? You're at a NQ dominated forum.
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Most of the maps are fixed that had issues. And there's new episodes (such as BBELIEF), map voting, and some extra maps from quaddicted that I've been adding sporadically.

                          If you guys haven't played on it yet, check it out. maraakate.servegame.com:27503

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I should also preface that it's not perfect yet. Some maps might still get stuck with traps and other silliness. If you find a map that's acting funny post in this thread and I will go through and fix it. You can really save me some time if you have a fixed ENT file for me to upload.

                            Other goodies include:

                            - If a player picks up a key, it is added to everyone's inventory.
                            - Start with weaps 1,2,3 and 4.
                            - Extra weapons picked up will be added to a players inventory on join.
                            - Centerprints are output as a con_printf, so everyone can see it. (Can be disabled via SETINFO params)
                            - Respawning ammo and power ups
                            - Biosuits respawn instantaneously. Great for maps that require long swimming (like continuum)
                            - Checkpoints on some maps. Episode 1, 2 and 3 are finished. A few undergate maps have them as well.
                            - Nightmare skill has respawning enemies and the axe will gib zombies.
                            - Voting to restart, end the map, undergate, other episodes, other maps, or random maps.
                            - Constantly adding new maps from Quaddicted. If you have a map that doesn't require special progs (or can function just fine without one) let me know here and we'll add it.

                            A huge thanks to freewill for all the QC coding to make this happen!
                            Last edited by Maraakate; 01-14-2012, 07:33 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Hi Baker, this Download: dont work anymore, can you upload it again, many thanks

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X