Undergate Re-Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undergate Re-Release

The easy gateway to playing 104 single player maps has been updated. Screenshots, authors name, categorization. Walk around the map and decide what you want to play. If you finish all 104 single player maps in less than a month, you are obviously a loser with too much time on your hands or an insanely rich and bored fat bastard.

Download: The Undergate - 101 MB

Old thread: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...undergate.html

The 2006 distribution seems crappy in modern times with a lot of unnecessary and obsolete stuff that was relevant back in 2006. But we live in modern times, with decent engines and I removed all the kludge.

It is now a nice, simple and streamlined zip archive.

[Credits: Lardarse and RocketGuy helped me greatly with the QuakeC back in 2006. RocketGuy had special insults for my level of QuakeC newbieness back then and used them frequently. Whatta guy! I love him.]
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Nice update Baker!
    Didn't knew that it was released 4 ehrm years ago.
    Anyways im having something for the next weeks to play.
    I never really checked out Quake SP maps, just upto 30 over QuakeInjector for testing.

Starts fine too, i would love to play it on Engoo but - you know...

Modding like it's 1999! HELL YEAH!
    Operating Engine: Engoo
    QuakeC Compiler: vqcc.exe

Comment

Great! I'm gonna try this.. ((:
      200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
      14/05/1811

Comment

Hello baker, are you Undergate's author?
        A wanna change the sky texture for darkplaces, but I need the texture name.. Can you tell me please?
        14/05/1811

Comment

Originally posted by daniocampo1992 View Post
          Hello baker, are you Undergate's author?
          A wanna change the sky texture for darkplaces, but I need the texture name.. Can you tell me please?
          No idea what the texture name is. You can open the undergate.bsp in TexMex (download) and the texture with the word sky in it is the texture name.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thank you Baker! The texture name is "sky_night.tga" if somebody is interested too..

Here's a pic:

I wonder if there's another map pack as this..
            Last edited by DaniOcampo1992; 05-25-2011, 08:45 AM.
            14/05/1811

Comment

Thank you Baker! The texture name is "sky_night.tga" if somebody is interested too..

Here's a pic:

I wonder if there's another map pack as this..
              That looks great. Yes. The undergate pack is awesome. It would be nice if there were more like it. :-)
              Maybe have like a mile long Undergate with 1000 maps. :-)
              If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

Originally posted by sb306 View Post
                That looks great. Yes. The undergate pack is awesome. It would be nice if there were more like it. :-)
                Maybe have like a mile long Undergate with 1000 maps. :-)
                I would play this.... 1 mile?! FN AWESOMEOMEOMEOM
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Even though I like the idea of an Undergate with all the standard maps, I'd question if anyone has really even played this set of 104 maps to completion.

For example:

1. There are 2 notably difficult achievements in the map "The Pit". I'd be surprised if anyone can answer even one of them.

2. What is the ending to "A Tale of Abbott's Rune?"

3. How do you get back to the beginning in the "Monolith Complex?"

4. There is a secret super-shotgun in "Destroy Base". Where is this?

5. In Moonlite Assault, there is an area with dead trees? What happens there?

6. There is a few secret healthboxes in Avanipaala Praasaada. Where do you find the one nearest the beginning of the level?

7. There is an ultra-classic map in this set that features only blue textures [and is a speedrunner classic]. What is the name of this level?

8. Which map do you have to go through an outhouse "toilet" to get out of the start of the level?

9. Which map features a windtunnel near the start of the map with knights fighting you?

10. What map takes you deep, deep underground in a series of ever complicated set of tombs?

11. What level requires you to go through a very circular flooded area where you nearly drown to reach the final stage of the map?

12. What map famously pairs you up with no weapons and an evil spawn near the beginning of the map?

13. What is the theme of the RPGSE maps?

I simply don't believe that more than a couple of players have finished even the levels presented in this set, many of them of which are extreme classics ... mostly because it would require many months to do.

Comment

I think at one point in time I had DL'd and Installed Undergate, but its been so long, now I must download + archive, and see about playing Undergate via LAN
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

What is the ending to "A Tale of Abbott's Rune?"
                      I already played this, you get the rune, put it over a pedestal and that fool (I don't remember his name) takes you back home..

There is a secret super-shotgun in "Destroy Base". Where is this?
                      I don't remember a super secret shotgun.. :S
                      14/05/1811

Comment

I don't remember a super secret shotgun.. :S
                        First room, when you spawn ... look behind you. Strike wall with ax.

And there it is

Comment

Thank you for this, it is exactly what I need

Comment

I have it hosted on QW at maraakate.servegame.com:27503.

Everything works as far as I know, except the Return command. Can someone fix this up in QC so it will function?

For now you can use
                            "rcon bababooey newgame"
                            to return to the undergate.bsp map.

Comment

If anyone knows it would be TV
                              WARNING
                              May be too intense for some viewers.
                              Stress Relief Device
                              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                              ---------------------------
                              .--------------------------

Comment